Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 9 & 10 " rims on rear?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
retrotech
I need to see as many pictures as I can of 9 & 10" rear rims on 914's that do not have the standard 916 flare. Rear view.
I have a narrow body that I want to use 9/10" rims, I want to alter the fender as little as possible.
My biggest concern is how much wheel protrudes at front & rear rocker panel.

Thanks
SirAndy
QUOTE (retrotech @ Oct 23 2005, 12:12 PM)
I have a narrow body that I want to use 9/10" rims

good luck, you'll need more than just a BFH ....

smash.gif Andy
retrotech
What is a BHF?
soloracer
Big F'n Hammer
retrotech
I know there were some guys that fabricated, or modified their fenders for these size rims, with out using the "bumps".
They are who I am hoping to hear from, with photos.
Dr. Roger
QUOTE (retrotech @ Oct 23 2005, 12:12 PM)
I need to see as many pictures as I can of 9 & 10" rear rims on 914's that do not have the standard 916 flare. Rear view.
I have a narrow body that I want to use 9/10" rims, I want to alter the fender as little as possible.
My biggest concern is how much wheel protrudes at front & rear rocker panel.

Thanks

Thanks Retrotech for posting this ad. As you might know, I also have a keen interest in how to go about this. biggrin.gif

So far the pie slice method seems to be an OK way IMHO. (in my humble opinion).

I'm a hack fiberglasser and am fantasizing about bending an outer lip, out of tubing, and welding it to the existing fenders. Then cutting out what fender material I don't want, then bonding the glass from the fender to my tubular lip. Pulling the glass taught from the outer parts of the fender so as to have an linear flare. Starting from right behind the door jambs straight to the new lip.
Not 4 humps sticking out. More like abc914's rear fenders. Or is he 914ABC? I forget.... huh.gif biggrin.gif

This should be a great thread.... beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
Here is some steel fenders. I dont know if he sells em seperate or not, but sounds like what your looking for;
http://www.tangerineracing.com/Flares.htm
J P Stein
Rich Bontempi's flares.
J P Stein
nuther view......those are 10 X 16 wheels & 10 inch tiars.
Aaron Cox
a 205 on a 6" barely fits.
a 205 on a 7" requires minimal persuasion to fender.
a 225 on a 7" requires a good inch or 2 of pulled fender
a 225 on an 8" requires flared qrts, and more rolling dry.gif (mad at my flares right now)

every inch beyond a 6" is added all outboard.
you want a 9" wheel and tire.... say 3+ inched out, and continue the flare at least 3 inches above the lip
Mueller
a 205 on a 7" requires minimal persuasion to fender.

unless you have 35mm offset rims like Mike smile.gif

stock fenders with enough breathing room between fenders and tires.....a 225 would rub with my rims....

other than that, good descriptions Aaron clap.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Mueller @ Oct 23 2005, 04:13 PM)
other than that, good descriptions Aaron clap.gif

hehehe - no prob mike

i had to baseball bat my flares today. the 225's on 8's were rubbing. i fubard them up good. nothing Los Panchos cant fix
AA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.