Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SMOGer last ride till next year (914 pics)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
Went for my last ride through the country side, leaves are about 50% off and temp. is in the low 50'w with the sun shining. Put the Saratoga top on to keep the chill off. Filled the tank up with gas & mixed Sta-Bull gas additive for the winter. Taking the insurance off tomorrow, car cover on and that's it till next spring.

Stopped and took a picture at the local women's prision. Lots of lady's holloring take me for a ride and I'll show you a good time. Oh well, can't do that, big fence between us (see pic.) unsure.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Tom
BTW
You winter guys, show me a picture of your last ride for the year.

TJB/914
My favorite place to take pictures of my 914

Tom
SpecialK
Great looking car Tom!
Michael N
That's really not fair to your teener. To make your car feel better you should ship it to Cali and I'd promise to drive it all winter. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
TJB/914
Michael N

Yes, it's a Cali rust free car. Came to MI in 1992 when I purchased it for $400 bucks. A real deal since the owners were splitting up. It's a long story because it was worth 10 times what I paid. I need to get a Blog started & show the long 5-year restoration process as soon as I get my scanner working (old 35MM pictures). Car was finished up in 1998 & now enjoyed. I know what Doug Leggins is going through, but it's worth it when finished. Here's the only constr. pics I have on file (first one showing in primer with India Ink wash to find low spots).

Tom
TJB/914
Another pic of restoration process. Doug, I know how you feel (see pic)

Tom
Michael N
Tom,

Your car is a great looking restoration!!! I was taking my car for a simple paint job but it has turned into a all summer affair. I dropped the car off for paint and body work in early June and i am still waiting all summer long and no 914 sad.gif . Altough I did tell the shop I'd rather have it right than rushed. Black paint is not forgiving will show everything if not done correctly.
Michael N
Getting closer. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.