Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can someone ID this part?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jtf914
I was going through a box of parts this weekend, and I came across these metal tubes. I don't have anything like this on my car, and I can't read the first three digits to determine if they are 911 or 914 parts. Anyone know?

Thanks,
Justin
Dave_Darling
Heater elbows from a 70-74 four-cylinder 914. They go from the heat exchanger outlet to the flapper valve.

--DD
Bleyseng
Wow, they aren't rusted out nor do they have the Porsche rustproofing-1/2" of rockhard oilygrime.
Geoff
jtf914
Wow, that was fast. Thanks Guys.

Justin
ChrisReale
Are those still available new?
Bleyseng
Yes, from AA as they thought they had the last two! Now Justin has 'em.
Geoff
jtf914
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Feb 10 2003, 02:50 PM)
Yes, from AA as they thought they had the last two! Now Justin has 'em.
Geoff

laugh.gif Anything to bring down AA! ar15.gif
jtf914
I found a few other things the Dr. might be interested in:
jtf914
Another:
jtf914
Last one:
Bleyseng
Ok, what the hell is the last picture of?
Geoff
Aaron Cox
unlike what seems to be everyone else, have never had a problem in the 2 times that I shopped there at AA. Have hard to find parts. Cool! precut dash upholstery and door vents.

wink.gif
jtf914
Last picture is the front Tow Eye.
Aaron Cox
Front recovery hook?
Bleyseng
Nah! only has one hole unless that is the replacement version.
Geoff
jtf914
I think you only see one hole after the hook is welded to the pan.

Justin
SirAndy
i like those vent covers smile.gif
are they for sale? rolleyes.gif

Andy
Bleyseng
I just did one and it didn't have two holes just the big one for the hook. The flat part where that second hole is, that is where it is spot welded to the trunk pan. I took a good one off a junk piece to weld onto my new trunk floor.
Geoff
jtf914
You can see the hook in this parts diagram, and it has two holes. I wonder if they changed the design at some point.

Front Chasis

Andy - Sorry, but I'm going to hang onto the dash pieces, vents, and tow eye for now. If I decide to sell them I will let you know.

Justin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.