Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Carb Linkage?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HarveyH
I'm getting ready to replace the carb linkage on my car. It now has a crossbar linkage with stamped and welded sheetmetal supports for the tubular crossbar. I've shimmed the crossbar pivot balls and got rid of most of the side-to-side slop, but I still think it's a POS. barf.gif I know that up until recently, the CB Performance linkage was considered to be the best on the market, but I see that Triad West has now come out with their version of the Weltmeister linkage. I've never knowingly seen a Weltmeister linkage, so I don't know how they would differ from the CB Perf. Has anybody used the new Triad piece? Any Pictures? Recommendations?

Thanks,
Harvey
Brad Roberts
Hey Harvey..

You cant go wrong with the Triad setup or the CB setup. Both work great and are fairly inexpensive to purchase.

B
seanery
I ordered the CB Performance kit pn 3133. I've got a wierd cable/wire version that sometimes pulls one carb a little more than the other.

It looks pretty cool and it's only $79 including the lower air filter plate.
Bleyseng
Kevin (roadyguy) is using it. Do a search as he posted several pics of it awhile ago.

Geoff
seanery
This is the triad on Rhodyguy's car
IPB Image
rhodyguy
the triad is the premier set up in my book. i've fought them all. the crappy gear that came with a different carb set. the cb with the nonexistant cable holder. the spring in the hex linkage is a pain, had to cut the sleved end of new bar.

kevin
"satisfied customer"
Kargeek
Mine is I believe, a CB Performance with a custom cable bracket that I made. I installed the arms pointing back which gave me more room near the distributor however, the trunk torsion bars had to go. Dave
Brad Roberts
WHOA.

Your throttle bracket is trick. Good job (and clean engine).

B
Brad Roberts
How do you keep your breather from puking on the engine ?? Did you make a new top for it that doesnt let it "breath" onto the engine ??

B
rhodyguy
i've seen a # of cb units that are mounted like yours, with the hex on the rear. why there? hex linkage adjustment looks like it's even harder to do. like that's possible. brad, my breather has a washable foam insert (to help contain vapors), with proper maintaince will it still spew? my k&n's are much larger than some. i had to get base units that would handle them when i got a cb.

kevin
rhodyguy
some thing else to consider. the triad is powder coated black. i imagine if you set it up dave could send you one uncoated. then powder coat it to match your tin at you coating service.

kevin
Kargeek
I mounted the linkage with the arms pointed towards the rear to simplify routing of the throttle cable. Setting up the linkage and adjusting was no problem. Nothing was done to the breather- no foam- top is vented and I never get any blow by on the engine. Making a bracket for the linkage is easy if you first make a template out of poster board. DH
Brad Roberts
I get blow by on all the road race cars that see 6500RPM for extended periods of time. It lightly hazes the engine compartment and EVERYTHING sticks to it.

I wish I had my digital camera charger... I'd show you the bracket I use.

B
seanery
Am I gonna have to worry about blow by?

I didn't see any provision for it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.