Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rear brakes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scottz0369
I don't know if this is the right forum for this or not, but--
I was having problems with the rear brakes on my '72 to the point that I had to take it to a local chain repair shop here in Los Gatos. Long story short, it needs a new right rear caliper (the caliper doesn't retract). It's been on thier lift for a week, and the shop can't get the part. I need to drive to 29 Palms next sunday, so I'm now officially in a bind.

Anyone in the San Jose area have a rear caliper for sale?
Any help appreciated.

Scott
seanery
Eric Shea (PMB Performance) has really nice rebuilt units available. You can find more on them in the Vendor's arts & Accessories forum.
SLITS
"Won't retract"? Do they know about the adjustor screws or are they just prying on it with something?

A used one can be sent from Riverside to get you going...It would be "single bleeder" style.
davep
If they don't know what they are doing, you really will need a new caliper. Did you show them how it is supposed to be done? Have you a Haynes manual at least? There are lots of threads on how the calipers operate with loads of pictures. I have contributed to most of them. Do they need a holding hand? A few words of advice by an expert could save you a few hundred dollars.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.