914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Dr. Roger
Heheehe. biggrin.gif

user posted image
olav

Doesn't a Pantera have a frame?
ninefourteener
That would be a yummi Ford small block V8........ with a yummi pair of turbos beer.gif

Lets see the rest of the car!!!!
SpecialK
A guy in the UK did a twin supercharger set with his 914.
Dr. Roger
I got it from this "For Sale" ad.

http://www.panteracars.com/twin22805.htm
SpecialK
qwer
Hawktel
Okay. Were you talking about at Small block twin turbo ford in a 914, or hanging the radiator off the back?

Hanging the Radiator out the back has interesting possibilites.
URY914
QUOTE (Hawktel @ Oct 24 2005, 07:24 PM)
Hanging the Radiator out the back has interesting possibilites.

Like an engine that over heats in about the first 1/4 mile?
Aaron Cox
trans cooler?

nice U joints smile.gif
hmeeder
Paul Gunn; a canadian dude I bought my roll bar from, has a twin turbo SBC in his 914. Claims it dyno'd at 1000 hp and 1017 lbs of torque before he broke their dyno. All that is hooked to a Pantera transmission. This guy has got a serious jones for a scary ride. 2 lbs per pony? That's just out of control.
messix
try oil cooler.
messix
QUOTE (hmeeder @ Oct 24 2005, 10:34 PM)
Paul Gunn; a canadian dude I bought my roll bar from, has a twin turbo SBC in his 914. Claims it dyno'd at 1000 hp and 1017 lbs of torque before he broke their dyno. All that is hooked to a Pantera transmission. This guy has got a serious jones for a scary ride. 2 lbs per pony? That's just out of control.

i'd like to see that car.

must be tube framed to handle that power.
turbo914v8
HEHEHE holly sh$t, that twin turbo Pantera looks almost exactly like my set up. I guess I am not that smart after all ohmy.gif wink.gif Still no pictures so dont ask! finger.gif
messix
don't make me come up there and hunt you down Paul. I'm only an hour and a half away.
turbo914v8
I'm only an hour and a half away.

Sounds good to me. You should come by for dinner and view my beast in person. Then you can attest to its existence. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (turbo914v8 @ Oct 24 2005, 11:00 PM)

Sounds good to me. You should come by for dinner and view my beast in person. Then you can attest to its existence. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

and ake pictures biggrin.gif
turbo914v8
QUOTE (messix @ Oct 24 2005, 10:38 PM)
Paul Gunn; a canadian dude I bought my roll bar from, has a twin turbo SBC in his 914.  Claims it dyno'd at 1000 hp and 1017 lbs of torque before he broke their dyno.  All that is hooked to a Pantera transmission.  This guy has got a serious jones for a scary ride.  2 lbs per pony?  That's just out of control.

The first attempt was not tube framed. Second outing the car ripped in half headbang.gif headbang.gif Building the second car now and not making the same mistake as the first one. Adding a 12 point + cage this time around. wink.gif
messix
i wonder what a guy who builds a 1,000 hp 2,000lb street car eats for dinner?

chilling screwy.gif
turbo914v8
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Oct 24 2005, 11:02 PM)
QUOTE (turbo914v8 @ Oct 24 2005, 11:00 PM)

and ake pictures biggrin.gif

WARNING I am in possession of ALIEN technology. Your pictures will not turn out huh.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif
messix
QUOTE (turbo914v8 @ Oct 24 2005, 11:05 PM)
Paul Gunn; a canadian dude I bought my roll bar from, has a twin turbo SBC in his 914.  Claims it dyno'd at 1000 hp and 1017 lbs of torque before he broke their dyno.  All that is hooked to a Pantera transmission.  This guy has got a serious jones for a scary ride.  2 lbs per pony?  That's just out of control.

The first attempt was not tube framed. Second outing the car ripped in half headbang.gif headbang.gif Building the second car now and not making the same mistake as the first one. Adding a 12 point + cage this time around. wink.gif

ripped in half? where? at the bulk head? too much torque for stamped sheet metal? ya think!
turbo914v8
QUOTE (messix @ Oct 24 2005, 11:07 PM)

chilling screwy.gif

Mustangs, Corvettes, etc...... biggrin.gif
messix
little hyjack going here , sorry but not really.

paul are you in B.C. ? what part?
messix
QUOTE (turbo914v8 @ Oct 24 2005, 11:10 PM)

chilling    :screwy:

the wimpy stuff.
turbo914v8
QUOTE (messix @ Oct 24 2005, 11:09 PM)
QUOTE (turbo914v8 @ Oct 24 2005, 11:05 PM)

ripped in half? where? at the bulk head? too much torque for stamped sheet metal? ya think!

I figured that things should be good if I kept the boost low and just eased into the throttle. On the way home after the second outing 100m straight I eased the throttle down just a little bit. Boost gauge read 10 psi. Felt crazy. Pulled into the garage and attempted to open the door to get out. ohmy.gif sad.gif . The door would not open. Crawled out though the window. Put a jack under the door to open the gap up to allow the door to open no go. The back of the car went up and the door went down. Ripped the long straight through. mad.gif 10 + year build ended after the second outing. Live, learn, die.
turbo914v8
QUOTE (messix @ Oct 24 2005, 11:11 PM)
QUOTE (turbo914v8 @ Oct 24 2005, 11:10 PM)

chilling    :screwy:

the wimpy stuff.

Oh yeh little 914 too.
turbo914v8
Sorry not in B.C.
I am in Ontario.
messix
QUOTE (turbo914v8 @ Oct 24 2005, 11:21 PM)
Sorry not in B.C.
I am in Ontario.

well then thats more than 1.5 hours away.

ripped the long apart? bad!!!!

are you going to use a motor plate and tie that into the cage also?
turbo914v8
Well first the long will be completely boxed this time around. Remade the RH motor mount to tie into the cage. The plan is to transfer the twisting power from the torque away from the long and into the cage. blink.gif wacko.gif confused24.gif

You can always fly down biggrin.gif . I can supply room and board. I should warn you I have two small kids that don’t shout down for more than a few hours at a time.
messix
I should warn you I have two small kids that don’t shout down for more than a few hours at a time.

thank you for the invite. i also have a five year old. i know the life. headbang.gif smash.gif smash.gif spank.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif w00t.gif
turbo914v8
Man your good. beer.gif beerchug.gif
Dr. Roger
QUOTE (turbo914v8 @ Oct 24 2005, 11:43 PM)
Well first the long will be completely boxed this time around. Remade the RH motor mount to tie into the cage. The plan is to transfer the twisting power from the torque away from the long and into the cage. blink.gif  :wacko:  :confused:

You can always fly down biggrin.gif . I can supply room and board. I should warn you I have two small kids that don’t shout down for more than a few hours at a time.

Geez Paul,
Now you've got me thinking I need to protect my investment with some frame reinforcements...

So, if I understand correctly, the frame gave way at the jack points? Or thereabouts?

As mine is, the door clearances are great but the engine is not broken in yet. (keeping her to about 3/4 throttle and only once or twice biggrin.gif ...)

Hey Andyrew, if yer checking this, have you done anything to yours? I know you jump on your quite often... cool.gif

Roger
MikeP
Richard Hatfield has a twin turbo sbc to 930 trans car right here in the Bay area. I'll see if I can get some pics.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (messix @ Oct 25 2005, 01:36 AM)
try oil cooler.

maybe - but those look like AC lines to me.
i donno ...
Dead Air
QUOTE (turbo914v8 @ Oct 24 2005, 10:21 PM)
Sorry not in B.C.
I am in Ontario.

[QUOTE]

Near Buffalo?
maf914
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Oct 25 2005, 01:12 PM)
try oil cooler.

i donno ...

Yep, looks like an AC condenser.

What's going on with the turbo set-up? Is that a four barrel draw through feeding twin turbos? It looks like the carb is sitting on the manifold in the normal position. It hard to see how the turbo pressure is fed into the manifold. idea.gif
turbo914v8
QUOTE (maf914 @ Oct 26 2005, 07:57 AM)
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Oct 25 2005, 01:12 PM)
try oil cooler.

i donno ...

What's going on with the turbo set-up? Is that a four barrel draw through feeding twin turbos? It looks like the carb is sitting on the manifold in the normal position. It hard to see how the turbo pressure is fed into the manifold. idea.gif

No your all wrong. I consulted on the build of this car. I know the owner and the car very well. The unit in question here is a liquid to liquid oil cooler. It uses the rad coolant to cool the oil.

What's going on with the turbo set-up?  Is that a four barrel draw through feeding twin turbos?

You win the door prize biggrin.gif Your assumption is correct it is a four barrel draw through system. Ok system but I prefer blow thought systems. Twice the power due to the ability to add an intercooler.
turbo914v8
QUOTE (Dead Air @ Oct 26 2005, 06:21 AM)
QUOTE (turbo914v8 @ Oct 24 2005, 10:21 PM)
Sorry not in B.C.
I am in Ontario.

[QUOTE]

Near Buffalo?

Yep, just a stone throw away, so to speak.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (turbo914v8 @ Oct 26 2005, 03:50 PM)
The unit in question here is a liquid to liquid oil cooler. It uses the rad coolant to cool the oil.

very well then - the question remains - what's the thing in the back with the fan and the single set of fluid lines?
turbo914v8
QUOTE (MikeP @ Oct 25 2005, 10:16 AM)
Richard Hatfield has a twin turbo sbc to 930 trans car right here in the Bay area. I'll see if I can get some pics.

is this in a 914 or 911? Darn, I thought I was the first one headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif. Is his sytem intercooled? I have a million questions. biggrin.gif
turbo914v8
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ Oct 25 2005, 09:22 AM)
Well first the long will be completely boxed this time around. Remade the RH motor mount to tie into the cage. The plan is to transfer the twisting power from the torque away from the long and into the cage. blink.gif  :wacko:  :confused:

Geez Paul,
Now you've got me thinking I need to protect my investment with some frame reinforcements...

So, if I understand correctly, the frame gave way at the jack points? Or thereabouts?

As mine is, the door clearances are great but the engine is not broken in yet. (keeping her to about 3/4 throttle and only once or twice biggrin.gif ...)

Hey Andyrew, if yer checking this, have you done anything to yours? I know you jump on your quite often... cool.gif

Roger

So, if I understand correctly, the frame gave way at the jack points?  Or thereabouts?
Right under the rear door gap, through the long.
maf914
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Oct 26 2005, 11:53 AM)
The unit in question here is a liquid to liquid oil cooler. It uses the rad coolant to cool the oil.

very well then - the question remains - what's the thing in the back with the fan and the single set of fluid lines?

I guess that is the radiator that provides coolant for the water-to-oil heat exchanger. At least I think that is what Turbo914V8 is saying. biggrin.gif
Brett W
It is the AC condesor. Notice the crimped on AC fittings on each line.
horizontally-opposed
Anybody ever able to connect with the UK 914 guy?

Wouldn't return any of my emails... sad.gif
jd74914
I always wondered about that car screwy.gif
turbo914v8
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Oct 26 2005, 12:53 PM)

Sorry all I am such a blockhead sometime; I was looking at the wrong picture. In an effort to gain more power buy decreasing the pulley size on the superchargers the inlet air temperature rose to critical so a liquid intercooler was added to reduce the charge air temp. The box you see on top. The unit in question is a small motorcycle radiator used to remove heat from the cooling liquid used in the intercooler.Cooler
turbo914v8
QUOTE (horizontally-opposed @ Oct 26 2005, 02:13 PM)
Anybody ever able to connect with the UK 914 guy?

Wouldn't return any of my emails... sad.gif

I correspond with him regularly. Great guy but very busy. He is taking a well-deserved break from his 914. He is building, remodeling houses with his brother. That’s taking up all of his time now.
Andyrew

Geez Paul,

Roger

I have an engman long kit sitting in a box!

I have some other stuff in mind... Like a tube from the firewall to the suspension ear... Triangulating the shock towers to the trani points, triangulating the supsension points up front... and well... picking up all the suspension points... lol

help?
messix
andrew you should think about a way to tie the engine bay bulkhead [firewall] to a point in front of the doors close to the cowl area. a modified cage with out the main hoop would work. just reinforce all mounting points of the tubes with steel plate [ tube to firewall on both sides ].
turbo914v8
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Oct 26 2005, 10:57 PM)

Geez Paul,

Roger

I have an engman long kit sitting in a box!

I have some other stuff in mind... Like a tube from the firewall to the suspension ear... Triangulating the shock towers to the trani points, triangulating the supsension points up front... and well... picking up all the suspension points... lol

help?

I also have the engman long kit sitting in a box. I plan on installing it before the cage. I have been tolled that the two combined is over kill, but after my last action hero move with chasse number 1. I think a little over kill is in order.
Andyrew
I agree..

Your engine is overkill so any chassi stiffening is NOT overkill in my book.

especially if your running slicks. You running slicks? I plan on it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.