Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cost to Replace Floor Pan Rear 1/2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
paleo541
I'll be taking estimates this week to replace the rear half of the floor pan, lower firewall, and rear part of trunk pan just in front of the tail lights.

What is the range that I should expect to pay from: someone who is compenent vs. someone who is very skilled.

Thanks
Mike
McMark
If it were in my shop:

Rear Floor Pan - $800
Rear Trunk - $400
Lower Firewall - $150-$250 (but I would have to see the damage)

So about $1500 total. Hope that helps.
MecGen
agree.gif

McMark estimate price is right in the ballpark.
Of course be prepared for unseen extras with rust repair.

How are the longs?

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Later

beerchug.gif
paleo541
Thanks for the info.

The longitudinals look pretty good. I'm going to try to save some money by doing as much prep work as I possibly can.

Hammy
Why so much for the pans... unsure.gif (unknowledgable about body work and welding) smile.gif
McMark
Because drilling out 150+ spot welds is a pain in the ass and takes forever. Lots of finesse grinding as well. Welding in isn't so bad. A full pan would be even worse. I would say more than double, closer to triple.
paleo541
Hey McMark

Maybe I should take my ride to your shop. I just got an estimate from a shop here in Sacramento that came recommended. I was speachless when I got an estimate for $3200+ for the work. Needless to say, I'm looking elsewhere.

xitspd
ohmy.gif Mark,
What would charge for the front 1/2's of the drivers and passengers floor.

Thanks,

Dan
McMark
Mike - I'd be happy to work on your car. Let me know ASAP though. I'm already booked until Jan/Feb.

Dan - A front half would probably be around $1000. The front edge must be butt welded to existing metal, which make bit more work, especially with test fitting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.