Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Great Colorado Track Day!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
Thought I would share some pics of last sunday's track event. Some real nice cars and Trojanman's track debut. I still to chicken, and afraid of rock chips... wacko.gif

Ferg
where do i put my luggage?
Ferg
red and orange, looked cool
Ferg
super clean original creamsicle, yes Bowlsby it's in the registry wink.gif It's got the Yippie plate
Ferg
Interior
Ferg
Detail shot to show how nice this car is, something like 55k orig miles!
Ferg
Ken's incredible 3.6
Ferg
Ken's Flare's and then some drooley.gif those are 11's folks
Ferg
Greg, Brant, and Dan? (shelby 914)? Sorry forgot...

Ferg
the for sale lot
Ferg
nuther same owner
Ferg
one more
Ferg
excellent ass dragger

Ferg
a closer look, mmmm boost burnout.gif
jd74914
Great Pics Ferg. smilie_pokal.gif

Do you hava any more pictures of that red and orange car? I have been thinking about painting my car like that for a long time and that is the first red/orange double I have ever seen cool.gif
Ferg
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Oct 25 2005, 07:08 PM)

Do you hava any more pictures of that red and orange car? I have been thinking about painting my car like that for a long time and that is the first red/orange double I have ever seen cool.gif

sorry didn't get any more pics, but doors, and front and rear hoods were orange, Brant knows the owner but I couldn't remember his name. Even the wheels were red and orange.

Ferg
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Oct 25 2005, 07:18 PM)
i'll post some pics in a minute.................. burnout.gif

Good, cause I got zero of you actually driving rolleyes.gif
Ferg
one more ass dragger, call me weird, but one of my all time favorite colors ohmy.gif
jd74914
QUOTE (Ferg @ Oct 25 2005, 10:15 PM)

Do you hava any more pictures of that red and orange car? I have been thinking about painting my car like that for a long time and that is the first red/orange double I have ever seen  B)

sorry didn't get any more pics, but doors, and front and rear hoods were orange, Brant knows the owner but I couldn't remember his name. Even the wheels were red and orange.

thanks for the description cool.gif
TROJANMAN
straight away
TROJANMAN
driving-girl.gif
TROJANMAN
back stretch
TROJANMAN
Grant - travelling too fast for my camera burnout.gif
TROJANMAN
The SUV 914: complete with luggage rack, ski rack, trailer hitch, propeller and it's a track car. lol2.gif
TROJANMAN
turn 3
TROJANMAN
pat's 944
Series9
Where's the track? I want to bring the RS.
TROJANMAN
driving.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (914RS @ Oct 25 2005, 08:02 PM)
Where's the track? I want to bring the RS.

if you hurry, you can. there are a few FREE days available next week, then it's bye forever...................
TROJANMAN
scary moment................... ohmy.gif
TROJANMAN
driving.gif
TROJANMAN
brant in "farmhouse"
BMartin914
QUOTE (Ferg @ Oct 25 2005, 07:15 PM)

Do you hava any more pictures of that red and orange car? I have been thinking about painting my car like that for a long time and that is the first red/orange double I have ever seen  B)

That is Gary Smith's car out of N. NM. Either Taos or Dixon. Can't remember.

Ferg: Nice pics! Good to see you on Saturday.

Greg: Good to see you too! Nice to see the car out on the track.

You didn't get any pics of your friend muscling out the 996 TT in turn 1. Good on him!
biggrin.gif

RIP 2nd Creek Raceway. We will miss you...we need a tombstone smiley... sad.gif
brant
Greg,

one of the last ones in farmhouse...
do you think that was me behind the wheel in that pic?

(Or Steve?)

boy I had a blast guys!
thanks for the weekend everyone!

Joe (RS)
You've got to come to a DE down here!
We can even put you up in some lodging.
The track from these pictures will be gone, but there remains 3-4 other tracks.
and then you can play "Twins" with Ken's 3.6 that also has CF hoods.

brant

TROJANMAN
QUOTE (brant @ Oct 26 2005, 06:37 AM)
Greg,

one of the last ones in farmhouse...
do you think that was me behind the wheel in that pic?

(Or Steve?)

definitely you. you were wearing sunglasses.

and you were on the right line for the turn. biggrin.gif
brant
Greg,

Cool...
I like it!
and you can tell I'm a head leaner!
(why I thought it might be me)

car is leaning a bit!
you should get a picture with the wheel removed of the sway end, and then after verifying with the club what brand it is, pursue buying the parts!

brant
Matt Monson
Great pics guys. And Second Creek will be sorely missed, as will PPIR. Hopefully, in the near future we will get a super track like the boys in SLC are getting.

And Ferg, you are a wuss. You need to track that car. It begs to be tracked. You are hurting her feelings by denying her that experience...
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (Matt Monson @ Oct 26 2005, 07:40 AM)
And Ferg, you are a wuss. You need to track that car. It begs to be tracked. You are hurting her feelings by denying her that experience...

agree.gif

all except for the "You need to track that car. It begs to be tracked. You are hurting her feelings by denying her that experience..." part. lol2.gif
Ferg
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Oct 26 2005, 07:42 AM)

agree.gif

all except for the "You need to track that car. It begs to be tracked. You are hurting her feelings by denying her that experience..." part. lol2.gif

It's been hard to resist the siren call of the track...

if things go according to plan i won't have to for much longer... I'm actively searching for a DD/track car. I actually just test drove a 1982 911sc at luch today, Matt, if you got anything pm me, under 10k.

Ferg
driving.gif
brant
Greg,

where are the pics from Steve's camera?
(did he make it home safe and sound?)

thanks again for the weekend!

Gary I think lives in Edmundo?
Is that the spelling?
I've been to his house once, halfway between taos/santa fe.

He actually ended up staying at my house saturday night.
he is a good guy!

brant
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (brant @ Oct 26 2005, 11:24 AM)

where are the pics from Steve's camera?
(did he make it home safe and sound?)

he made it home fine. he found the dinan plate with a serial # inside his hood and is quite excited. but i don;t think he has had the car above 50 mph due to orange county traffic. sad.gif
Matt Monson
QUOTE (Ferg @ Oct 26 2005, 10:32 AM)
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Oct 26 2005, 07:42 AM)

agree.gif

It's been hard to resist the siren call of the track...

if things go according to plan i won't have to for much longer... I'm actively searching for a DD/track car. I actually just test drove a 1982 911sc at luch today, Matt, if you got anything pm me, under 10k.

Ferg
driving.gif

I've actually got a '77 Targa with Euro 3.0l here. But it has some visual issues like a foul paint job, poorly installed Carrera flares and 993 mirrors. But the top is brand new and the interior is pretty cherry. Come by the shop if you could be interested in something like that. But I am guessing you are looking for a coupe if you want a track bitch...
don9146
Any additional information about the race cars for sale? Or any contact information about the owner?

Thanks
Don
Ferg
I don't have contact info on the for sale cars, but Brant or Grant may know who they belong to.

Ferg.
TROJANMAN
the grey one was $6k. i really wasn't impressed by any of them. sad.gif
Gint
Those 3 cars plus one more on ebay. (<-Clicky)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.