Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914Club Tee shirts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
I made a couple tee shirts up for fun and gave one to Brad at Hooters. I used what I thought was the best design, so what do you think???
Geoff
Bleyseng
Back
jtf914
Looks Awesome! clap56.gif
1 Large for me!
Justin
Aaron Cox
Really nice....how much are they? aktion035.gif
scottb
sign me up for 2 XL! and still need to get a club thong for the wife!!!! aktion035.gif
J P Stein
I like it. 2 ea. large would be fine.
mikerose
I Would like to get two in XL. clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif
echocanyons
I would also like 2 large shirts

nice work!
URY914
Tell me where to send the check.
ThinAir
So really... are these available for purchase? If so, how & where & how much?
JeffBowlsby
Tell us where to send our money...

How about setting up a separate page on the site for things like this to buy?

Maybe direct order placement even...?

Then we can just email the link to our wives and SO's...
Bleyseng
I can have more made pretty easy. I think it is up to Brad to decide on the final design of the shirts. I made these up because I thought it was a killer design! I will call around for some pricing on tee shirts and try to get the cost down. I liked the idea of the shirts also being in the LE colors so I will check that out too. Black shirts w/white logos, white shirt w/ red/orange logo, green shirt w/ white logo ?
Geoff
Bleyseng
Yeah Jeff, that was something Brad and I were talking about. A separate area/forum where tee shirts could be ordered and where vendors could place ads, specials that kind of stuff so it wouldn't clutter the classifieds/BBS. What do you guys think?? I know I don't want pop ups nor ads plastereds all over the BBS. The other sites have enough of that already.
Geoff
JeffBowlsby
Take a look at how our 914 bretheren in Der Fatherland have done it...click on Clubartikel. Very tasteful IMHO.

http://www.914-club.de/

Some of us would...drool...love to have an LE shirt...drool...but it would need to be an LE car....in the appropriate color schemes...

I have this really cool LE (actually a 914GT) poster that I could make available for the graphics....lemme know...
J P Stein
The design is clean and simple. Maybe we need to start a grassroots movement to have this approved as the "official" 914club Tee. Why not? 914 guys are a bunch of anachrists anyhow.
URY914
I would like 10 extra small please. You see the PCA Parade this year is going to be held in Tampa and I thought the 914club should sponser a wet t-shirt contest on Saturday nite. I'll be the MC and I know a bar we could have it at. We could grade the girls like at a concours, you know using the 100 point scale....
Paul
Part Pricer
sponser a wet t-shirt contest...

If that's what they are going to be used for, then the logo is way too big. laugh.gif
bernbomb914
I would like to put the large print on the back and a small one on the front Just my input :cursor:
seanery
Man, I really like that design!

Who did that one?! mueba.gif
Bleyseng
'bout time you posted!!! What kind of shirts should we order for the women??
Sample:
Bleyseng
or
jonwatts
I think Brad needs to Ok this idea soon to keep the momentum going. Otherwise our logo may forever be held up in committee. barf.gif
seanery
If I knew you were gonna print some shirts I would have sent you the high res file.
The posted image is pretty small.

I usually do my stuff big enough to print. I can send you a tiff or an ai (I think).
Bleyseng
It needs to be a EPS file. To do the 2 shirts I had made I just went to a local shop that uses pictures. They are just ok quality and the price to sell them too high ($25) but I wanted Brad to see what could be done. He is pretty excited about it. Here is the "Mueller shirt" option:
seanery
I like yellow shirts, that is yellow, right?

I think the most dramatic color would be a black shirt, however.
If any color other than white was to be used it would definitely need to be screen printed instead of heat transfered.
Screen printed lasts longer, too.

Did they do a heat transfer on the place you went?

I've priced these things out before, we can do them pretty cheap. We can get screens made pretty easily then anyone can do the printing. We've done our own before, the hardest part is lining up the colors, but this logo only has 3 (white (or black), blue and yellow) and they aren't critically aligned, so it is something that could be done as a club project/get together/thing if we wanted to.
Bleyseng
Yeah, I used to do the screen print thing too years ago. The ones I had made were heat transfer but the place I am checking with I'll have to find out. The new place is much cheaper too so we can have some different options of styles, colors which is nice. For the colder climates a few sweatshirts w/hoods would be nice! I was hoping Jenny would comment on womens styles.
I still like the LE theme myself as something different than just white effin tee shirts.Yes, that is yellow but would only be available to Mueller...lol
I think the black would be cool too.
Great design Sean!
Geoff
bernbomb914
If we know the approx. amount of shirts there is a guy here in Temecula who does all kinds of shirts I could get a price. Hejust completed a run of 50,000 so he must have purchasing power. let me know

Bernie aktion035.gif
seanery
I'm working on the eps of the file. I've got a couple snafus but one of my buddies is gonna do the conversion so we can have true vector based art that can scale to any size. I wish I knew Illustrator better so I could suss it out myself.

bernbomb, good idea on the buying power guy, that could save us bucks. Is he a screenprinter?

This would be a 3 color print as-is, or 4 color if they decide to do multiple colors on the car. I'm not sure how that would fly because some of the body lines are washed out.
jonwatts
Wouldn't it be a 4 color print if we use shirts that aren't black or white?

If the blue comes out too dark and looks black we might as well drop that as one of the colors.

Just my opinion.
seanery
Yup,
Mueller's yellow shirt would be four colors. So would heather grey or any other color.

We can do whatever with the blue text, I just thought that there was an awful lot of starkness to the design and the blue helped soften it a bit.

If we wanted to do colors, the text might be the place to do that, you could do the bumble-bee, dreamcicle, grasshopper stuff in the text easily and cheaply (compared to doing different colors in the shirt).

The text screens wouldn't need to be changed to change the color, but the car would need some major mods to do it in a color (unless we wanted all that was white to be color). I'll play around and post some results.
Curvie Roadlover
I just want to pipe up again about MY favorite design, although I like them all. Only 2 colors and would look good on any color T.
Mueller
I feel some jelousy here just 'cause I look good in yellow (okay so maybe I am a little pale once in a while)

mueba.gif
Jeroen
Geoff,

Can you do a shirt like this?
I'd be interested in a 'couple'
biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
RustyWa
pray.gif
Brad Roberts
I like it. Lets have several different logo's over time.

Here us all that I personally ask of the shirts..

Make the 914club logo portion larger under the pic and on the back. It looks great as it is, but is difficult to read unless your standing 1 foot away from the person. You may want to flip things around also.. put the car on the back/logo front.

Sold.

B
Jenny
Geoff, I live in CA cool_shades.gif , so I'd prefer the tank top. Can we come out with hooded sweatshirts and jackets as well???
Brad Roberts
I will want collard shirts/tank tops/sweat shirts/jackets/long sleave. It just comes down to how many we can sell.

B
bernbomb914
I will check with my guy to see what process he can do and what type products he can get

Bernie confused24.gif l
Part Pricer
QUOTE(seanery @ Feb 10 2003, 08:56 PM)
I'm working on the eps of the file. I've got a couple snafus but one of my buddies is gonna do the conversion so we can have true vector based art that can scale to any size. I wish I knew Illustrator better so I could suss it out myself.

Sean, send me the Illustrator file. The vector conversion takes less than a minute. I'll turn it around and send it right back to you.
Bleyseng
Go to www.t-shirts.com that is the place I was checking out. Can deliver in 7 days according to the the guy I was talking to.
Geoff
seanery
Their prices seem kinda high to me.

Cost to the club would be like $12.02 per shirt if we order 145-288.

I think we should be able to get them done for $8 - $9.
seanery
Paul,

The ai translation is being done as I type this. I've got to go have lunch with a vendor, but when I get back I should have the file in my mailbox.
Bleyseng
Whitney gave me prices of $9.59 for white shirts and $12.14 for black or green shirts. That is for 100 shirts.
That is still alot cheaper than what you would pay for a t-shirt at another Pcar site ($20) I don't know how many shirts we want to make here either. Brad says he wants to do different shirts which I think would be cool. Lets do the first run and then change the design for the next run. I like the idea of long sleaved, hooded sweat shirts, polo's, jackets.
Geoff
Jeffs9146
I agree, the small logo on the front and the large one on the back!

I'll take two Med. aktion035.gif

Jeff
Dave_Darling
A few minutes of monkeying with the logo produced some "LE" type results. These definitely aren't suggested as final results, but maybe as a direction to go...

First, Bumblebee. Black T-shirt.
Dave_Darling
Now, Creamsicle. This would be on a white shirt--possibly the background would be white instead of that big orange block...
Dave_Darling
Now, Grasshopper. White t-shirt, probably remove the background bit again.
seanery
This is a jpg made from the AI file.
I made the text bigger so it could possibly be read from more than 1 foot away! :finger2:
seanery
Dave,

I like the way you did it, it really shows the LE's colors.

AAANNNDDD, it's easier to get them done that way. We don't have to go in and reconfigure the outline of the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.