Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: good day at the pick and pull
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhaas
I found a volvo 242 at the local pick and pull. The complete engine is there along with the turbo. I took all the CIS fuel injection system along with fuel pump, accumulator, throttle body, WUR, injectors, etc. The turbo in it has no play in the bearing, and spins freely. I am so exited. boldblue.gif I have been looking for a CIS system to modify for boost, now I have one that was designed for it from the factory. The best part is that it only cost me $50 for the entire system, turbo and all. mueba.gif Now I just need to complete acouple of things around the house so I can start working on it.
fuch toy
Sorry, you can't turbo a 914..... unsure.gif
rhaas
Yea I know the running joke. bs.gif This seemed to be the best solution for turbocharging on a budget. I am already familiar with CIS from my 911, so this seemed perfect for me. I'll try to shot some pics when I start working on it.
Randal
What's the running joke?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Randal @ Aug 13 2003, 05:43 PM)
What's the running joke?

you can't turbo a 914 ... MDB2.gif
skipskip
Wahoo!

I just landed here from 20 years in volvo land.
Are you saying all that CIS crap I have been saving is actually useful to 914 folks?
Can you be a little specific? I assume its only the mechanical injection stuff, k jet ?
Skip
Bleyseng
We like to use the MPS's off the Djet Volvos too.

Welcome to the BBS!

Geoff clap56.gif
seanery
CIS sucks!
Joe Bob
Take a look at Evil Ed's 914 CIS turbo in Excellence magazine......he hangs on rennlist....friend of Dunkle's.....
redshift
I like CIS, I have considered running it when the 1.7 goes 2.0, and the 2.0 goes monster MFI.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.