Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know this car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jd74914
Like the topic says. Anyone have any more pictures of it or know how the flares were done? If it helps I'm pretty sure it had a 3.2L/6 in it.
Verruckt
They remind me of this...

user posted image
nomore9one4
QUOTE (Verruckt @ Oct 29 2005, 10:24 AM)
They remind me of this...

user posted image

They sure do. I think they look good on the 914 biggrin.gif
scottb
agree.gif

saw those fender cut outs and tr6 was the first thing that came to mind.... interesting.....
Aaron Cox
those look hammer/dollied

interesting tho... i dont like how they go so high... wacko.gif
brp914
projectile barf.gif
ejm
I know the guy...flares are steel...can't remember the details....pic from a PCA meeting
retrotech
Could someone get me in touch with the owner of the white 914? I would like to talk to him about wheel wells, tire & wheel size.

Thanks
sixnotfour
I thought maybe it was this one ,but I dont think so, Enjoy the pic anyway
http://instant-g.com/LocalCars/Ghost/index.html
jd74914
that car is pretty sweet, but its not the same one. For retrotech I met him at the Cruisin on Main cars show in manchester CT and know he lives around CT, but i fogot his name and am looking for more pics of the flares
hmeeder
Man, I'm conflicted.

I hate it from the rear 3/4 view, but from the front 3/4 it's got kind of a 911 feel to it.

The wing is horrible. Too low to to be an effective wing (not to mention it's not aero enough to actually function as a wing) which makes it a spoiler that's been jacked up just enough to screw up your view out the rear.

Yep, just talked myself into it. I hate it. icon8.gif

I'd be more interested to hear about the wheels. I can't quite tell, but they don't look like a 130mm bolt pattern. Maybe using adapters? The BBS look is so 80s.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (hmeeder @ Oct 31 2005, 08:49 AM)
Man, I'm conflicted.

I hate it from the rear 3/4 view, but from the front 3/4 it's got kind of a 911 feel to it.

The wing is horrible. Too low to to be an effective wing (not to mention it's not aero enough to actually function as a wing) which makes it a spoiler that's been jacked up just enough to screw up your view out the rear.

Yep, just talked myself into it. I hate it. icon8.gif

i was pictured in "How to restore and modify: Porsche 914"
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Oct 31 2005, 10:07 AM)
know he lives around CT, but i fogot his name and am looking for more pics of the flares

That's Eric Vale da Serra's car. It used to be a very nice original 2 liter car.
I've known Eric for many years. He has a heavy Portugese accent and can be hard to understand.
He stops by my shop frequently to see what I'm up to.
Both he and his son Adam regularly DE and AX the car.
The car lives in Glastonbury.
hmeeder
i was pictured in "How to restore and modify: Porsche 914"

I think that's a different car on pages 157-158, Aaron. On Jeff Brubaker's car the wing isn't quite the same and doesn't have the flares (his fenders are rolled) and is on 5 bolt wheels.

Brubaker's car looks closer to the one posted by sixnotfour, tho the wheels are different.

Edit; sixnotfour did post Brubaker's car! I should read more closely! I was referring to Eric Vale da Serra's car before.
jd74914
QUOTE (Racer Chris @ Oct 31 2005, 10:59 AM)
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Oct 31 2005, 10:07 AM)
know he lives around CT, but i fogot his name and am looking for more pics of the flares

That's Eric Vale da Serra's car. It used to be a very nice original 2 liter car.
I've known Eric for many years. He has a heavy Portugese accent and can be hard to understand.
He stops by my shop frequently to see what I'm up to.
Both he and his son Adam regularly DE and AX the car.
The car lives in Glastonbury.

Cool. Thanks Chris. Maybe I talked to his son because I had no problem understanding him. I thought the car was neat in any case cool.gif
blabla914
I know the Valdeserra's as well. I beleive Eric did those himself or are those your work Chris? I've seen him run everything from 225-50-15's to 275-16's on the car. They stick out but they don't rub. That's why he went so high. Not so concerned about originality, just wanted to fit big rubber. The nicest part of this car, in my opinion, is the front valence/splitter. That's an original steel 914 valence cut and welded to look like a 911S valence with an aluminum splitter attached to the bottom. I dig it. Oh, yes the car has a 3.2 for power.

Kelly
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (blabla914 @ Oct 31 2005, 06:18 PM)
I beleive Eric did those himself or are those your work Chris? Oh, yes the car has a 3.2 for power.

Hi Kelly,
Those are Eric's flares. He was flaring 914's before I ever even thought about doing it. His first project 914 was in a car magazine back in the '80's.
Eric told me he's looking for a 3.6 for the car. rocking nana.gif
jd74914
QUOTE (Racer Chris @ Oct 31 2005, 08:14 PM)

Eric told me he's looking for a 3.6 for the car. rocking nana.gif

thats a really big engine. he was showing off when we met him because as he pulled into traffic he lit up the tires, and when he got off the gas flames shot out of the muffler really scaring the people behind him laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.