Evanston, IL

Brando
Nice buy, keep those wheels!
markb
Welcome!

More pics, please!!

I love the gasburner rims.
porschecb
Nice car!!! smilie_pokal.gif Welcome to the club! By the way I was born in Evanston. A long, long time ago. (how much did it cost ya and where did you find it?)
spare time toys
Belated welcome and congrats on the car. I like the color and those wheels on it. clap.gif
GWN7
Hello and welcome

Nice ride

beerchug.gif
qa1142
Nice car

I'm North West of you. Will you do PCA? SCCA? Hope our paths cross soon, nice car!
olav

Welcome aboard!

Nice color, is it the original color?

More pics!!
MecGen
Oh Ya Baby......gotta love it

Welcome smilie_pokal.gif

See Ya

beerchug.gif
Aaron Cox
dont sell those wheels.... they are worth a bunch.

Mahle Gas burners... lightest wheel made by porsche....

welcome aboard matey piratenanner.gif
Allan
wavey.gif Nice looking car...
mikelsr
Welcome! Great looking car. I am south of you (near Champaign), hope to see you at one of the many PCA/SCCA events.

M
Lou W
Welcome, great looking car
rick 918-S
Sweet! wub.gif Burners! wub.gif assimilate.gif
TINCAN914
Nice car!! welcome... beer.gif
Post more pitures.....
SGB
ohmy.gif
smilie_pokal.gif
laugh.gif
cool.gif
P uu uuu uuu uuu rty!
Hey!
Good to meet ya,
Dave_Darling
What they said--welcome! But you're missing the "4" from your VIN... Should start "914043", not "91403"... smile.gif

Mikelsr, I think it's a bit of an understatement to say that Mahomet is south of Evanston. It was about four hours away last time I drove it, though that was not in a 914... wink.gif

A girl I dated in HS lived in Mahomet, actually.

--DD
mikelsr
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Oct 29 2005, 07:23 PM)
Mikelsr, I think it's a bit of an understatement to say that Mahomet is south of Evanston.  It was about four hours away last time I drove it, though that was not in a 914...  ;)

A girl I dated in HS lived in Mahomet, actually.

--DD

Dave,
It depends on how fast you drive! laugh.gif
Well I know the girl you dated wasn't my daughter! I would have remembered a car guy.

M
aircooledboy
Welcome.

Very nice find. I'm out here in Rockfish if you need non-6 specific parts, I've pobably got 'em.

Chris
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (mikelsr @ Oct 29 2005, 07:57 PM)
Well I know the girl you dated wasn't my daughter! I would have remembered a car guy.

I wasn't a car guy back then. And unless you were a bio prof at the U of I 20 years ago, that wasn't your daughter...

--DD
smontanaro
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Oct 29 2005, 07:23 PM)
But you're missing the "4" from your VIN... Should start "914043", not "91403"...

Yeah, couldn't remember all the digits on the walk upstairs from the dining room to the computer room... It was easier when I had 356s. The VINs were so much shorter. Actually, when I called my insurance agent from St. Louis to get coverage for the drive home, the woman said, that VIN seems too short. I've never encountered one that short before...

Skip
olav

Skip,

Could you do me a favor?

Could you look to see if your car has the "circles" cut out and the plastic inserts inserted in the holes right behind the fron bumper?

I'm just curious if yours are cut out with that early VIN.

Thanks.

P.S. Mine are not cut out and I have chasis no. 131981 which is stamped in the rear trunk.
smontanaro
QUOTE (olav @ Oct 30 2005, 04:29 PM)
Could you look to see if your car has the "circles" cut out and the plastic inserts inserted in the holes right behind the fron bumper?

I see seven holes with rubber plugs in the section in front of the spare,
evenly spaced between the two headlights. Am I describing what you
were asking about?

Skip
mikelsr
I was here 20 years ago and so was my daughter but I wasn't a Prof at the UI. Besides my daughter was only 8 then and I wouldn't have appreciated any one asking her out on a date! smile.gif

olav
QUOTE (smontanaro @ Oct 30 2005, 06:57 PM)
QUOTE (olav @ Oct 30 2005, 04:29 PM)
Could  you look to see if your car has the "circles" cut out and the plastic inserts inserted in the holes right behind the fron bumper?

I see seven holes with rubber plugs in the section in front of the spare,
evenly spaced between the two headlights. Am I describing what you
were asking about?

Skip

Yes perfectly. Thank you.

Mine for some reason weren't punched out. idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.