Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removing targa chrome
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
I would like to remove the pieces that are connected to the roll bar which the targa top seal rests on. I have removed the vertical pieces that lead up them. How is this piece connected? I don't want to make the same mistake I did when removing the sail piece...you know the hidden bolt.

I would also like to remove the thin piece of chrome at the base of the vinyl for the sides of the roll bar.

Much appreciated,
SLITS
No bolts....just clips...it pulls off

The sail panel trim....would be nice to have a pair of real thin needle nose pliers to compress the spring clips...or a tool that would do it to avoid bending the thin strip.
boxstr
The two targa bar vertical pieces are available, $150.oo each. The narrow side pieces are also available $20.00 each, save the little clips if they are not rusted and broken.
CCLINCLIPJOINT
Porsche Rescue
Are you referring to the two pieces, one on each side at the top of the bar which run fore and aft (about 6" long)? If so, a small phillips screw on each end holds them on. The long piece across the rear of the bar just pulls off directly to the rear.
Eric_Shea
pieces that are connected to the roll bar which the targa top seal rests on

Pieces?

Slits is right based upon your description of the top seal resting place. It's only one piece though. Pry it off once the verticals are off.
computers4kids
Thanks for the advice. I just didn't want to tug on the long targa chrome piece and mangle it. It's marred up already a bit from the rubber seal somehow but might polish out.
Thanks again
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.