Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT/NPC Dodge Caravan...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mrs. K
I have a '99 Dodge caravan and it has 99K+ miles on it now, was just wondering if anyone here has experience with the longevity of this van.
It is it good shape and I have kept up all the proper preventive maintenance.

Thanks all cool.gif

Lisa driving-girl.gif
tmp914
Mine is a 96 with 140k and running great beer.gif
Aaron Cox
they die right after the warranty is over smile.gif

JK....

aint no dodge in my garage smile.gif
nomore9one4
I would expect 140,000 to 150,000 from what I have seen. cool_shades.gif
Mrs. K
That's some good news...I was hoping to get another 50-70K out of it. Don't really need a "Mom" car that big anymore....although it still comes in handy.

I'd love to get a BMW X5 wub.gif But then I'd have car payments again...YUCK!

Thanks for the help!

Lisa driving-girl.gif
aircooledboy
We've got a 99 Town & Country w/110K on it. One common issue you might want to take a quick look at is the top of the strut towers in the engine compartment have a chronic rust thru problem. Just had to have one repaired a few months back. Guy who did the repair did a great job, but he said he sees the Chrysler/Dodge mini vans for that same thing all the time. Once they shoot thru, they are just about impossible to fix properly. Since then, I have looked at 4 friends vans, and 2 of them urgently need to be repaired. ohmy.gif
jd74914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Oct 30 2005, 06:30 PM)
they die right after the warranty is over smile.gif

JK....

aint no dodge in my garage smile.gif

congrats master of the obvious . . . mopars are stromberg.gif

seriously tho, it should last for about 160K
Mrs. K
QUOTE (aircooledboy @ Oct 30 2005, 06:11 PM)
We've got a 99 Town & Country w/110K on it. One common issue you might want to take a quick look at is the top of the strut towers in the engine compartment have a chronic rust thru problem

Oooooh...I'll have that checked out at my next service...I have a 100K service contract so I will take it in before it expires! biggrin.gif

Good tip!

Lisa driving-girl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.