Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's a 914 Halloween
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hmeeder
The wife didn't think a 914 on Jackstands was good enough decoration for our front yard. It's one of those things that you've seen so many times you can no longer see it.

She decided that since I spend as much time with the car as I do any other family member, it should be part of the holiday too.

First shot is what it look likes during the day.

user posted image

Close up of what she expects to find some day when I'm working on the car

user posted image

Kind of an idea of what the whole deal looks like in the yard

user posted image

And this is what it looks like at night with the fog machine going and the lighting all in place.

user posted image

I think it turned out better than I expected!
Hammy
That's genius I love it biggrin.gif Evil 914 happy11.gif
tracks914
Nice job.
What kind of rims are those?
Did you put spacers in the front and back or just the front?
Tx
mikelsr
FANTASTIC!

Great Job! I hope the kids (and parents) enjoy it!

M
736conver
Good stuff man.

TonyAKAVW
That is awesome!!!
Dave-O
QUOTE (tracks914 @ Oct 30 2005, 08:43 PM)
Nice job.
What kind of rims are those?
Did you put spacers in the front and back or just the front?
Tx

I was going to ask about the rims too! (I'm looking for a set of 15x7's)

Nice job on the decorations!!!
olav

Pretty creative!!

piratenanner.gif
Aaron Cox
herb. you rock man!
neo914-6
A little late but this pic should have been the 914 on the front page for October! clap.gif
hmeeder
Thanks for the pats on the back, guys. It's all my wife's fault, you know. But then she's pretty much responsible, in one way or another, for nearly everything that is good in my life.

Thanks for the curiousity about the wheels also. Some info from my blog entry, more photos there as well:

These are handbuilt custom wheels. Fronts are 15x7 and rears 15x8.

They have Pedrini centers grafted to what appear to be Enkei polished aluminum rims. I have never been crazy about Pedrinis, but I do have to say that the marriage of the centers painted plack and the polished rims looks great and near as I can tell are much lighter than they would seem. The 8 incher is about 5 pounds lighter than my 5.5 inch stock steel wheel. IIRC the steel wheel is only 1 pound heavier than a Fuchs wheel, so I figure I'm about 4 pounds apiece lighter with a lot more wheel to show for it.

When the guy who built these wheels put them together, he opted for a very deep offset necessitating a 1 inch spacer to clear the inner fender well at the rear. These shots are made of the car with the wheels and spacers on just to get some fitment ideas. It is very apparent that I will have to flare the car to use the 8 inch rim on the rear. As I was planning on flares eventually, I'm glad I picked these up.

One of these shots shows the inside weld. The guy did good work.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Mugs914
Herb you are a genious! That is awsome... smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

I'll give you a buzz this week so we can hook up...

Talk to you soon!

VegasRacer
clown.gif
redshift
unsure.gif

I thought that was actually you driving... for a minute, Herb...

smile.gif

(is the h silent, btw?)

M
hmeeder
It was in High School! wink.gif
GaroldShaffer
You didn't happen to get these rims from a guy in Indiana did you?
Root_Werks
Cool! smilie_pokal.gif
hmeeder
Garold;

No the rims came from a guy in Florida. Forgot his name. I think Ricardo or Roberto.
tracks914
I never really liked the tracking difference between the front and rear wheels. The spacers on the front would make it look and handle better even with stock rims. I think I will give it a try.
Your rims look awsome. I love the marriage of Malhes and Enkeis.
Tx
bottomend
Brilliant!!!! Cracked me up!
jasons
QUOTE (hmeeder @ Oct 31 2005, 11:51 AM)
Garold;

No the rims came from a guy in Florida. Forgot his name. I think Ricardo or Roberto.

I think its the same guy. I bought the other set he had. 16x8's and 16x9.5's. I can't wait to use them (the car is a project and on jackstands of course).
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (jasons @ Nov 2 2005, 08:44 AM)
QUOTE (hmeeder @ Oct 31 2005, 11:51 AM)
Garold;

No the rims came from a guy in Florida.  Forgot his name.  I think Ricardo or Roberto.

I think its the same guy. I bought the other set he had. 16x8's and 16x9.5's. I can't wait to use them (the car is a project and on jackstands of course).

Yep, same guy. He lives Indiana and son in Florida.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.