Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Photos
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gregrobbins
There was a strong turnout of 914s at the PCA Autocross today. Six cars participated and two more showed up to watch.

The event was held on a closed loop road in a regional park. Lots of gravel on the road and many ups and downs. Generally the cars with big power and racing tires were at a dis-advantage.

Brian Willess, whose car I didn't photograph, got TTOD with his 3.0L 6.

Here are some photos of other cars:

Andy Schermuly's Wild6, yes the 3.6L monster
gregrobbins
Tim Hannum in his HOT 2.0L four.
gregrobbins
Russ Dodson and his stunning 6 that also won a show trophy at the concourse yesterday.
gregrobbins
Bryan Clingman in his 2.0L.
gregrobbins
I don't know who this guy is, but he has a 2.4L (yes, 2.4L) four.
shaggy
the front lid on tim's #46 car dosent look like its fitting too tight

has anyone ever had one of those open up while driving?

on bryan's 2.0 he dosent have a front valance

are those bad for flow or something?
gregrobbins
Jack Amen's beautiful six which was also a show winner. Lucky his wife Loretta didn't drive today, so she couldn't beat me. We have a standing bet, when I beat Loretta, I buy Jack and Loretta Dinner. This is one hot car and they both are great drivers. Loretta is sneaky fast as she is one of the smoothest drivers that shows up to autocross.
ThinAir
Great pics! Thanks for putting them up. Where was this held? It looks like McDowell Mountain Regional Park.
gregrobbins
Student Driver, yours truley. I did well today, keeping it on the track where others didn't fare so well. Several cars had brushes with the cactus and scrub brush.
SirAndy
QUOTE (gregrobbins @ Oct 30 2005, 09:02 PM)
I don't know who this guy is, but he has a 2.4L (yes, 2.4L) four.

no headlights! ohmy.gif

track only?
idea.gif Andy
gregrobbins
Great pics! Thanks for putting them up. Where was this held? It looks like McDowell Mountain Regional Park.

BINGO, give the man a prize!

Yes, it was at the park. I don't imagine we will go back any time soon. There were more than normal spins due to the gravel, and sever cars went off course into the brush. Mostly just scrapes and scratches, but a couple cars got bent which was too bad.

Big motor cars tended to overpower the track which had lots of dips and rises and off camber corners. The cars with race tires were picking up lots of stones and they had trouble sticking. I enjoyed the day, but a big part of that was fear and I worked to be in controll and as smooth as possible. I think this was a good learning day for me. I beat some cars that normally are two to three seconds, but that will change once we get back to a clean track where the sixes on racing tires can unleash their power. Quite a few drivers took one run, then parked their cars today.

It is getting harder and harder to find locations and available dates to hold autocross events. But a big hand to Andy and Tim who do a great job! smilie_pokal.gif
Aaron Cox
that looks like a hoot! no cones... just windy desert roads. im soooo gonna drive out there for the next one. LOL

smilie_pokal.gif
gregrobbins
Yea Andy, track only. Of the six 914s that ran, two are track only, the yellow 2.4L and Tim's car. Brian Willess may also be a track only car as he towes it to events. Wild6 is primarily a track car, but it is street legal and Andy will drive it to our dinners and breakfasts from time to time. Jack/Loretta and Russ both have cars that are show quality, but also have kick butt power.

My car is a mildly worked over 2.0L. Original D-jet with euro spec pistons. Suspension has been convered to five lug and the suspension is lowered a little and fitted with stiff sway bars and Bilsteins. I run Toyo RA1 which worked for me today because they are new, having lots of tread, and I ran 40 lbs of tire presssure.

Oddly or maybe not, many of the cars that did well today had street tires and stock suspensions. One guy was running a front weel drive VW GTI and was in the top five in times all day.
Trekkor
That looks like a really good time. clap.gif

How many runs?

KT
MoveQik
Great pics Greg! Thanks for posting.
gregrobbins
Three runs. One warm up lap and two for time. Course was about 1/4 + mile. Top time was just over 30 seconds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.