Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Sunday drive at Motorsport Ranch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jr91472
So I am lucky, what can I say.

A good buddy of mine is really close friends with the family of Colin Braun. You may not have heard of him yet, but he was one of the 16 year old drivers at last year 24hr of Daytona. If you saw the race, they created a team of (4) 16 year old drivers to compete in the GT class (which they completed by the way). Colin is a real up and comer and one of the most impressive young men you could hope to meet.

Anyway, Colin and his brother Travis hosted us as guest at Motorsport Ranch in Cresson, TX. I got to spend about 25min on their private 1.7 mile track. Colin road with me in my 914 (coaching, etc). Then we switched places and he showed me what my car could really do!!! I think he was pretty impressed with the car, it was his first time to drive a 914.

I took a few pics, but we were too busy driving to get any action shots.

this first is me, Colin, and his brother Travis (I'm the old guy).
jr91472
Colin and my buddy Steve....
jr91472
lkjlk
jr91472
sdfsd
jr91472
asd
ClayPerrine
JR,
I can officially say.... "YOU SUCK!!!" wink.gif

Why did you not call your friends and tell them what was going on? We could have come out and watched!!!!!

And Motorsport ranch is where the local PCA region holds their DE and Club races. They are expanding the track and making it longer with more elevation changes. I really want to go run a few DEs out there as soon as I get my car sorted out.

jr91472
last
jr91472
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Oct 31 2005, 06:27 AM)

Why did you not call your friends and tell them what was going on? We could have come out and watched!!!!!

I knew I was going to get razzed on this. I seriously didn't know I was going till Saturday morning!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (jr91472 @ Oct 31 2005, 08:31 AM)
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Oct 31 2005, 06:27 AM)

Why did you not call your friends and tell them what was going on?  We could have come out and watched!!!!!

I knew I was going to get razzed on this. I seriously didn't know I was going till Saturday morning!

I see how you are... leave your friends hip deep in a six alternator replacement to go play at MSR......

See if I even give you a RIDE in my six, much less let you drive it..... wink.gif

Glad you had fun...... driving.gif
Betty
Yes, I saw that race... Yes, I saw all the interviews they did with that team. Those guys were awesome! I was very impressed with both their on track and off track performance.

I SOOOOO would've come down to watch!!! I could've even been your photographer again! You're a very, very lucky guy to get that kind of instruction!!!! smilie_pokal.gif

Hey.... maybe you even kindled the desire for a 914 within one of them?!?!?!
MJHanna
you could have driven the track backwards last weekend with PCA. it turns all the corners in to late apexs. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.