Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dyno Run on Saturday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nick
3.0 six with CIS 964 cams headers and sport muffler:

Nick
hmm picture of the results didn't post didn't post. I'll try again.

jtf914
How was Curry's? I forgot it was going on this weekend, it was a good event last year. Kind of stressful watching someone drive you car at 100mph while strapped to the floor though.

-Justin
Nick
Currys was fun. It was I little disconcerting seeing the car doing 98 mpg in third at redline wondering what would happen of a strap broke. One of the guys working the Dyno saw when he was strapping it down mentioned 1800cc of pure power. Boy was he surprised with the first pull. I'm pretty happy with the over all result. Basically anytime your above 2 grand there is a good chunk of hp and torque available.
Mueller
nice power output...that's got to be fun !!!!!

I'm doing the dyno thing on Tuesday...mine really is an all stock 1800cc so the numbers will not be as impressive as yours headbang.gif
JmuRiz
You better post those #'s anyway...good to see how much the WHP translates between engines etc.
I would have been at this event if my plate wasn't already full...maybe next year.
brant
what is your redline?
why does the graph stop at 6K?
what altitude and temp?

brant
jtf914
Here's my graph from Curry's last year, 2.0E spec with webers:
jtf914
Images never work when I link them from the NoVA board. Here I uploaded it instead:
jtf914
QUOTE (brant @ Oct 31 2005, 03:33 PM)
why does the graph stop at 6K?

brant

Nick, does your tach have the redline at 5500?
Nick
graph stops at 6000 rpms cause thats the redline on the tach in the car and the Dyno tech didn't want to push it any harder. Redline for the motor would be the same for any SC since it has stock valve springs. As for temp it was in the mid 50's and I have no idea how far above sea level the washington area is. It looks to me like the power would keep climbing for a little while longer.

Nick
brant
ok... the redline/tach issue makes perfect sense.
I do think you've got more HP left to use that your giving up.

time to save up for a different tach, I think!

Here is my stock 2.0S sheet from 4586ft at 104 degree's:
Evill Ed
Well I know for a fact that Nick's car is still making power up to 7400 rpm, that's where I was shiftin' it during the shake down runs. biggrin.gif

Ed
type47
i saw that run. you should have seen all the spectators with hands over their ears!!! laugh.gif sweet sounding sport muffler.
brant
I would think with those cams that there is another 20hp to the wheels there....
(you need a tach sir!)

brant
crash914
Please keep me in the loop on any other dyno day.....I work in Laurel and still need to re-check my torque.

this is my MS 2.7l 4 cylinder.....last dyno, not tuned at all I got 136hp....Still looking for 200....
Nick
Any body know what the rpm limit for stock valve springs is for SC motor?
joea9146
Nick I have my Rev Limiter set at 6500 rpm's using MSD 6AL

Stock 3.0 with Webers Headers no cams... yet biggrin.gif
brant
I'm cross posting.
sorry nick if I'm pulling your thread off focus.
buy a friend of mine, just got his car dyno'd and I wanted to cross post his results:
grant's stock 2.0/4cylinder
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.