Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wipers not working.. help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
charvey
hey, my windshield wipers have quit on me, i checked my fuses and there are none that are needing replacement, this is a big problem for me because its rainy for the rest of the year and this is my only car, any help would be awesome.
GaroldShaffer
BTDT - when the wipers are on can you here the gear drive moving? Do the wipers move at all? My problem was that the wiper mechanism were just frozen (rusted) from lack of use. It was a major PITA to replace dry.gif
charvey
nope, i am not even hearing it move, they were working early last week with no problem at all
Demick
Check the white connector right near where the steering column meets the dash (underside). I once had intermittent wiper problems - it turned out that connector was not fully seated. Sometimes it made contact, sometimes it didn't.

Demick
charvey
i donmt seem to have a white connector, mine are black and all of them(3) were firlmy connected.
charvey
might also add that my car is a 1974 2.0
djm914-6
My wipers stop working from time to time. I'm too busy (lazy?) to rip thing apart, so I just liberally soak the mechanism with WD40 at the joints and motor. Using a wrench to manually rotate the posts frees up things to start then the wipes work on their own. Sometimes I'll spray in a lubricant once they're working but usually I don't bother.
markb
WD40 really isn't much of a penetrant. I suggest AeroKroil or PB Blaster. They work very well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.