Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mr. John Zupan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JoeSharp
I would like to thank John and mostly his crew for letting me get so colse to thier treasure.
JoeSharp
JoeSharp
JoeSharp
JoeSharp
JoeSharp
# 6
JoeSharp
Tobra
Are those red cylinders zip tied to the cage in the front remote reservoirs for the shocks?
JoeSharp
I posting all of the pictures I have of this car because someone may see some detail they are looking for. Some of the quality of them suck.
JoeSharp
Tobra: Yes.
Aaron Cox
external remote resevoir shocks? nice.... smilie_pokal.gif
JoeSharp
disa numba 10
JoeSharp
Wait till they open the other trunk.
JoeSharp
JoeSharp
is it 4:20 yet
JoeSharp
As Advertised
Aaron Cox
NICE

inverted swaybars...more remote shock revoirs....and factory GT pukebottle biggrin.gif

too cool
JoeSharp
Yeah!
JoeSharp
Every time I look at the pics I see something else.
JoeSharp
North Bay 914
Here's one for wall paper...
JoeSharp
But I really like the engine lid clips.
JoeSharp
Closer
JoeSharp
What I also liked the was they held the headlight lid in place.
JoeSharp
And a tail shot as I left. I asked the guys to come over to look at the pictures I was taking and the may chime in. Thanks again to John Zupan and his AWSOME crew.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
davep
Very nice pictures, thanks.

What is the VIN on this one? Makes it easier to trace the history of the car.

BTW, my friend with the IMSA car used the same or similar clips on his front lid, as was used here for the engine lid. Anyone know a source?
ClayPerrine
It puzzles me.... I thought all the GTs were dual plug? This one is a single plug engine...... confused24.gif
Gustl
headline says M471, not GT
Aaron Cox
owned1.gif
JoeSharp
As I recall the vin #91404312XX, But I don't rember the last 2.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Jeroen
QUOTE (davep @ Oct 31 2005, 09:13 PM)
BTW, my friend with the IMSA car used the same or similar clips on his front lid, as was used here for the engine lid. Anyone know a source?

Those are from Dzus
most racing shops have them

Excellent car!
Aaron Cox
i believe this is a dzususer posted image
just a QTR turn style fastener
olav
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Oct 31 2005, 12:17 PM)
It puzzles me.... I thought all the GTs were dual plug?  This one is a single plug engine......    :confused:

He's running dual plug engine but only a single bank of plugs right now.
Jeroen
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Oct 31 2005, 11:15 PM)
i believe this is a dzususer posted image
just a QTR turn style fastener

Aaron, Dzus makes more than one style/type of fastner wink.gif
boxstr
John Zupan is a grocery store owner here in the Portland Oregon area. The car you see is the same car the Jeff Gamroth built and raced a few years ago. Jeff is the name behind Rennsport Systems. They build high end racers for the deep pocket racers.
Very nice car.
CCLINSOVERN
URY914
QUOTE (davep @ Oct 31 2005, 12:13 PM)

I have some of those fasteners on my car. Mr. Gasket does sell them. Most hot rod/drag shops have them, that's were I got mine. Thier nice, no lose pins to drop and run over.

And the pin is aluminum and the slider piece is stainless steel. But you have to use them where the panel/hood is at a right angle to the pin. Because of the way the slider sides on the groove in the pin.

type47
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Oct 31 2005, 10:10 AM)
....Some of the quality of them suck.

naw.... the only thing that sucks is wiping the drool out of the computer keyboard. wub.gif

practically twins with nick coles car.
Root_Werks
Thanks for sharing the pictures, it's a very nice car. smilie_pokal.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Oct 31 2005, 12:17 PM)
I thought all the GTs were dual plug?

I think the GTs were whatever engine the owner (in some cases the factory) decided were the appropriate one to use for that particular event. For instance, the Marathon de la Route cars had stock 911S engines...

--DD
cary
John passed away last night.
He was hit on his motorcycle Monday night by a drunk driver.

Never met him. But well respected in the grocery community here in Portland.
I, like Joe spent quite a bit of time admiring John's car at numerous events in Portland.
sixnotfour
Wow, RIP John Zupan

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.s...f_zupans_m.html
Lou W
OMG, I was listening to the Lars Larsen Radio Show yesterday and they were talking about the accident, the driver of the car was an illegal alein, he had two previous DUI's and supplying alcohol to minors. What a shame dry.gif
ellisor3
That is a damn shame. Not getting off topic, but that guy should have never been in this country to take his life. It is one thing to be here illegally, it is another thing to be here ilegally, havng a criminal history, and taking the life on an American Citizen. I hope the is driving that GT in heaven. beerchug.gif
bcheney
Reading this thread was a lot of fun all the way til the news of the owners passing in such a tragic accident. RIP John...we never met...but your passion for the 914 did connect you with all of us. I'm sure whoever becomes the steward of this great car will be thinking of you whenever they turn the key.
BajaXJ92
What a terrible tragedy. RIP John. sad.gif
dlestep
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Oct 31 2005, 02:26 PM) *

But I really like the engine lid clips.

...next time get your shadow out of the frame
EdwardBlume
RIP Mr John Zupan.

This is another sad day for 914 owners.

Cairo94507
Another hard working, honest, contributing member of society falls victim to some POS illegal alien criminal who had no business here to begin with. ICE is a joke; secure our fuchen borders the same way the rest of the world does ar15.gif and this problem will subside.

Sorry for the rant but I lost a dear friend the same way so it kind of hits home.
abnrdo
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Sep 1 2011, 06:47 PM) *

Another hard working, honest, contributing member of society falls victim to some POS illegal alien criminal who had no business here to begin with. ICE is a joke; secure our fuchen borders the same way the rest of the world does ar15.gif and this problem will subside.

Sorry for the rant but I lost a dear friend the same way so it kind of hits home.

Couldnt of said it better myself. Sorry about your friend. RIP John. If there are 914s in heaven, I know they look like yours.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.