Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 Flywheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yeahmag
I managed to find a used core motor from a board member (Thanks again Randy) and it came with what looks to be a 911 Flywheel. What, if anything, do I need to know about this conversion?

The bolts were very difficult to get at (13mm) due to the proximity to the edge. Does this flywheel need a allen head bolt?

Thanks.

-Aaron
Aaron Cox
wha???

pictures? this a 4 or a 6?
yeahmag
This is on a 2.0 /4. The flywheel appears to be the same size and shape as the /4 (for example, the PP fit my /4 flywheel), but the back edge is rounded (so it would be lighter). I can try and get a picture of it later tonight...

The preivious owner mentioned something about shimms, but wasn't too sure himself.

-Aaron
SLITS
The only shims are the three (3), count them three (3) that go between the flywheel and the crankshaft to set the end play............

Cap'n Krusty
911 flywheels have SIX bolts on the crankshaft, 914/4s have FIVE bolts. They don't interchange, for reasons that should be obvious. If you are having a hard time getting a socket on the perimeter bolts, which hold the cover in place, it's likely the flywheel is junk becauise it's been cut too far. The Cap'n
TimT
911 flywheels have SIX bolts on the crankshaft

or Nine or even more....

what year is the engine?

there were a few permutations in 911 flywheels over the years..
yeahmag
The engine is a '75. I gave up my practically new 914 flywheel!!! Doh!

I'll try and get a picture tonight.

-Aaron
yeahmag
Here's a picture of the flywheel...
yeahmag
another...
Mark Henry
It's a /4 that's been lightened

It needs a regrind and by the looks of the ground down fly bolts it most likely is to far cut to regrind.

You need a better or new flywheel.
yeahmag
Anybody have a good used flywheel?

-Aaron
SLITS
Yeh....I should have a couple in Riverside....come to the VegasRacer Dinner at El Torito in Ontario this Saturday Night...I could carry one with me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.