Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: clutch plate dowel pins
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
garychuckaby
I ordered a flywheel from GEX. I opened it today and it was lacking the holes for the three flyweel pins that align the pressure plate. There are six bolts doing essentially the same job. Is this something to worry about - can I ignore them - should I send the flywheel back, just drill my own holes using my new pressure plate as a template or just not sweat it?javascript:emoticon(':sawzall:')
hmeeder
I'm saying don't worry about it. Other opinions may differ, tho wink.gif
qa1142
Call GEX and ask, they have to warrantee it don't they?
bd1308
maybe i missed something when i did my clutch, but i dont remember dowel pins anywhere....

could somebody post a pic?

b
914Sixer
The machine shop has to pull the pins out to turn the flywheel. They machine two surfaces, the one where the pins are and the lower disc surface. You should have removed the ones on your old flywheel and reused them.

I would not run a pressure plate with out them. They are not that expensive.
Jake Raby
THEY MUST BE THERE!

if not there is nothing to center the pressure plate onto the flywheel and it'll be so out of balance you'll think you are driving a tank...

If they are not there its a factory defect and I would not trust that flywheel for a minute!

I install new pins in all my flywheels after they are resurfaced, most of the time the orignals are all bent and beat up...
garychuckaby
pics of flywheels with and with out pins
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.