Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 71 to 72 Ignition Switch Wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
markb
OK, here's the problem the Black car is a 71. The PO (or the PO's PO) decided to put in a 72 steering column. This puts the wiper/washer switch on the column. No problem, right? WRONG! These guys were a couple of real nimrods. They had a Haynes (at least the PO did). The ignition switch is different, as is some of the wiring to accesseries. My question: Does anybody have some pictures of the 71 ignition switch wiring they could post or send to me? I have the factory color schematics, no help there. There are connections that are not shown in the manual, and at least one color change for wires (they go into a connecter under the dash, and come out a different color. And it's done too nicely to have been the PO). It would help if it showed as much wiring from the ignition switch out as possible, especially to the connecter to the right side. This is a nightmare. Thanks.
tyler
I have the ignition/directional wiring for both sides if the under dash plug in an AutoCad schematic, in color. This is for a 1970 but it might be the same. Send me a PM and I'll see if I can get it into a color image I can send you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.