Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: storing the teener for the winter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jaiden
Well in the north east it's getting close to winter so I want to get prepared for storing the teener. Is there anything specific that I should do besides putting in a fuel stabilizer and changing the oil?

It will be up on Jackstands so I can keep the tires round and do some small house keeping projects on it.

Anything else?????

Thanks in advance!
URY914
Wrap it in a nice warm wool blanket.

Or you could ship it to me and I'll drive it all winter down here for you. wink.gif

Paul
michel richard
Put it on jackstands, disconnect (or better, remove) the battery and throw a blanket or cover over it.
Make sure it's inside, and over a dry surface.

gregrobbins
Isn't winter the time the temperatures finally drop below 100 and we drive the hell out of our cars?

Here is Bryan Clingman getting with it at last weekends autocross.
Jaiden
Greg,
Your such a tease!!!!!!

It will be kept inside the garage and coverd for dust but I will be tempted to tear her apart for the "quick" projects happy11.gif

now I just need to make sure I get it back in one peice before spring!!!
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (Jaiden @ Nov 1 2005, 08:13 AM)

It will be kept inside the garage and coverd for dust but I will be tempted to tear her apart for the "quick" projects happy11.gif

now I just need to make sure I get it back in one peice before spring!!!

I know what you mean smile.gif
nynone4
If the car will be stored in a garage - you might consider putting down a piece of plastic sheeting on the floor under the car to serve as a vapor barrier. As the concrete cools - the car can form condensation on the bottom if the ambient air is warmer than the floor.

Maybe I'm just a little anal about storing mine.... huh.gif
Joe Ricard
I stored my 928 for 2 years whenI went over seas. Jackstands all 4 corners. Since the car was going to be inactive for so long I changed oil and all other fluids including brake fluid.
Armor-all 'ed every bit of rubber I could reach. cleaned out the interior of anyhing that may attract bugs and rodents. pulled the battery, changed the insurance to fire and theft.

Getting car back on the road was a longer process. removed spark plugs sprayed WD-40 into all cylinders. rolled over by hand 3 revolutions then cranked it till all the WD-40 blew out and oil pressure came up. (pull fuel pump power for that step).

reinstall plugs fire it up check for leaks. drive around town to warm up oil and then change all fluids. Drive it like you stole it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.