Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: suspension
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ynotdd
I am ready for a change in suspension! I allready have some goodies Bildtiens, Eleghant racing bushings, but all else stock.I do have front and rear swaybars again stock.
Here are my next up grades

21mm torsen bars
19mm swaybar front
200 rear springs
monoballs for up top

what do you think?
I autocross 85%
DE 15%
please give your thoughts lots of money at stack!!! chair.gif aktion035.gif
r_towle
bigger sway bar.
You can always set it soft...

Rich
ottox914
You'll get 100 different answers from 90 different posters... think about that one a bit-

Your proposed set up is about like mine, and while the larger T bars and springs make it a little harsh on the road, its liveable, and plays well at the track. While some will ? use of a rear sway bar, I've got one. My front set up is like yours, my back is 175 springs and the thinnest welt sway bar made. I like the way I have been able to balance front and rear roll centers with 2 adjustable bars, and with a stock 4 cyl and stock trans, with hoosiers, have had little problem with to much roll stiffness in the back and the resulting corner exit wheel spin some have reported. I have koni's all around for some more adjustment. The problem with all this adjustable stuff is taking the time to learn HOW to adjust it all, keeping records of what adjustment did what at which venue, and slowly building a knowledge base of what a particular track on a specific surface will need from you and your car to leave the least amount of time on the track once you're thru the finish lights. If you're a recreational auto crosser, maybe thats all to much work, and fewer adjustments, and a set up thats "in the ballpark" for most events is good enough. I guess my thoughts would be, if you're going to spend the $$$ on adjustable stuff, learn how to get the most out of it, and be ready to invest some time as well as $$$.

Of course, we haven't even gotten into wheel/tire sizes, pressures, temps, camber/caster settings, ride height....

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.