Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just Had a cargasm....fun in a 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
had 2 midterms today. lack of sleep, and irritability sent me off on a soul searching trip. My 914 and I went for some fun. Ridge route baby!

glendora ridge road. miles of single lane banked turns, beautiful landscape, and an awesome car.
This is why i have a 914.

Aaron Cox
still soo stoked. had an awesome time. took a few sanity breaks. looked at mother nature smile.gif
Aaron Cox
sorry for the crappy pics. 89 degrees at school. and no more than 60 degrees at 6000 feet.

car gets a little boggy. (way too rich...ordering jets etc soon). Ext Oil cooler rocked.

im freakin stoked. chased a biker on the way back. id gain on him, and lose him in the hairpins. then he stopped, and said, your turn to lead.

bad ass.

im ecstatic

here is the route
user posted image
Twystd1
Aaron,
I am Jealous.... pure and simple...

Thats what it's all about...

Taking care of Boy inside while the man controls the destiny...

Sweet bro... very sweet......

Twystd1
Loser_Cruiser
Makes me wish i still lived down there now that I have a 914.
Grimstead
Good deal my friend!
driving.gif wub.gif

took a few sanity breaks. looked at mother nature

You mean you had to pee.
JohnM
Aaron how about a socal 914 fun run there?
Duffster
OOOOOOOOoooooo Doooooood!!!! We so need a ragingly jealous smiley! I'm gonna get this shifter adjusted!? I am! I am! headbang.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (JohnnyX @ Nov 1 2005, 07:43 PM)
Aaron how about a socal 914 fun run there?

long drive from SD. but sure smile.gif

ill have to recon it on a weekend. but, about 40 miles of twisties from clairmont to Azusa...

AA
Allan
You are studying civil engineering.

Your first picture is of a tunnel.

I smell class assignment all over this... biggrin.gif
TINCAN914
BASTARD!!!!
Looks like you had a great time.. I want to go.... smilie_pokal.gif

You still drive like a girl.. driving-girl.gif biggrin.gif
bd1308
aaron, host a get-together and i'll drive cross country....

b
Lou W
Aahh, GMR (Glendora Mountain Road) brings back alot of memories, I was born and raised in Glendora, we use to hang out up there. I bet it would be a blast in a teener, I use to take my 2002 up there all the time. driving.gif just be careful, some of those hills are pretty steep. biggrin.gif
phantom914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Nov 1 2005, 05:35 PM)
had 2 midterms today. lack of sleep, and irritability sent me off on a soul searching trip. My 914 and I went for some fun. Ridge route baby!

glendora ridge road. miles of single lane banked turns, beautiful landscape, and an awesome car.
This is why i have a 914.

You discovered my backyard playground. Just don't go and tell everybody about it. wink.gif

Andrew
Rand
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Nov 1 2005, 08:02 PM)

b

Just curious, if Britt were to drive cross-country.... how many clubbers would come together at the final destination to pull off the amazing west coast meet the Britt party???!!!! biggrin.gif

Just think... We could get creative with drinking games and everything! Ok... I bet three beers that Britt goes through at least 2 sets of points before making it. Odds anyone?

biggrin.gif

Hey, this could work!!! I think I like it!

Oh yeah, back on topic...

AAAAArrron!! Way to go man. Thanks for sharing your ridge route experience!! That's what it's about baby.
effutuo101
SWEEEET! Massive cool!
Howard
Aaron, you have climbed the mountain to see the truth and light.

Sex, Drugs, Rock & Roll
914 Canyon Dancing smilie_pokal.gif

That's all Folks!

Aaron Cox
im still so jazzed about it. freakin nirvana on wheels. ive been on fun roads. but this takes the cake. all by myself, and one rider on the way back. sure beats sitting in traffic.

the biker was nuts tho.... a car on any blind corner and he is dead. i took those more conservatively. smile.gif

all about man and machine become one smile.gif

bottomend
You'll have some good stories to share tommorow night! this is the reason I got into these cars. Now I just need to get the sukka running!
bd1308
QUOTE (Rand @ Nov 1 2005, 11:49 PM)
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Nov 1 2005, 08:02 PM)

b

Just curious, if Britt were to drive cross-country.... how many clubbers would come together at the final destination to pull off the amazing west coast meet the Britt party???!!!! biggrin.gif

Just think... We could get creative with drinking games and everything! Ok... I bet three beers that Britt goes through at least 2 sets of points before making it. Odds anyone?

biggrin.gif

Hey, this could work!!! I think I like it!

Oh yeah, back on topic...

AAAAArrron!! Way to go man. Thanks for sharing your ridge route experience!! That's what it's about baby.

greet me with bats and clubs....

smile.gif

b
Trekkor
Back roads rip!

Andy was with you?

I have some favorite routes up here, too.
Great car, great car...

KT
MattR
well done kid smile.gif
9146R
Aaron,

Great story, great pix...no better therapy than wrapping you and the 914 around some twisties....we all just got a little bit happier reading/viewing your post....drive on! driving.gif

Greg
Brando
I think it's time for a fun run before the wet weather hits us.
Joe Ricard
DAmn I thought we pissed Britt off a few weeks ago.
Now he's back and wanting to drive his teener across the country?
I'm in for a bet. It will NEVER happen
Mike D.
Good Job Aaron, I did the same thing on Sunday, cept up here Santa Clarita area. Just went out for a short drive and got home 2 1/2 hrs. later. biggrin.gif I just couldn't turn around and go back. Then I figure well probably shorter if I just keep going.

The whole time I'm thinking "this would make a great Poker Run for the club" - I may go run it again this weekend and time it and find places to stop. I did Lake Hughes Rd. to San Franciquito to Spunky Canyon to Bouquet Canyon (WWC road). Could go the other direction and end up with a BBQ at Castaic Lake. hummm.

I like the looks of your route too.

So. Cal. is great, November, perfect driving weather. Sorry all you guys talking about storing for the winter, But hey.... cool.gif

-Mike D.
Aaron Cox
-andy was with you?-

nope. camera phone :/

brando is heading out here in an hour to check it out with me. then off to dinner with the SoCal Delinquents biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
some more pics -
user posted image
user posted image
Mueller
looks like a fun route...now what I'd need is a google type map showing Cell phone transmitting strengths before tackling a road like that biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Mueller @ Nov 2 2005, 01:36 PM)
looks like a fun route...now what I'd need is a google type map showing Cell phone transmitting strengths before tackling a road like that biggrin.gif

no cell phone coverage at all smile.gif

its all about the journey mike smile.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Nov 2 2005, 01:38 PM)
QUOTE (Mueller @ Nov 2 2005, 01:36 PM)
looks like a fun route...now what I'd need is a google type map showing Cell phone transmitting strengths before tackling a road like that  :D

no cell phone coverage at all smile.gif

its all about the journey mike smile.gif

I have yet to go 37 miles beyond my house in the 914 without a return trip with AAA, so I am still nervous wacko.gif
Sammy
Mike, here's nervous:
I used to drive the turbo 914 to San Diego (105 miles each way) to go to an AX where I would beat the car to death and then rely on it to get me home.
It always got me home without a problem, but every time I was surprised. I always expected to break something at the AX but the only thing I screwed up there was my knee (operation fixed it, nuther story). For a cobbled up home made turbo 914 that you can't turbo, it sure was reliable.

In fact the only time I couldn't drive that car all the way home from anywhere i took it was when the dizzy popped out of the drive gear and it died, 3 blocks from my house!

I didn't find out what the problem was until after I got it towed home. No AAA, cost $40 to go three blocks. Moral of the story: don't leave the distributor halfway tightened so you can make timing adjustments by ear.
Aaron Cox
Update - Brando and myself, just got back from a 2hr excursion all through the angeles national forest. from clairmont to azusa and back to Pomona.

so fun. Brando experienced "road nirvana"

3 cars on the road today, and a pair of cyclists smile.gif and an old man who wouldnt pull over smile.gif
Trekkor
Very good clap.gif

I need a drive this weekend driving.gif

KT
qa1142
Aaron
You son need a video camera smilie_pokal.gif

aktion035.gif driving.gif
Aaron Cox
ill go home and get my digital this weekend.

for now...last shot from a cell phone.
Brando ® Aaron (L)

rest stop at like 5k feet smile.gif
Root_Werks
The Island my wife and I use to live on: Sometimes when I have a running 914, we will drive around the island. I envy your recent drive Aaron and good for you! Everyone needs a break from things daily I think. biggrin.gif driving.gif
80bhp
Hey, that's less than a mile from my house!
Check out my car domain site"
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/759262
The pics were taken a few months ago on the same road.
Not a 914, but in the same spirit!
Ryan
Jacques
ph34r.gif GMR (GRR) by night!

user posted image
rpmmaxxed
that my friend, looks like fun.

When is the group goin?
Jacques
user posted image GMR this morning! (20+ cars) I didn't see YOU there!!

user posted image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.