Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 30k for a 914/4
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Why is a 914/4 worth 30k? was I sleeping for the past decade and now I awake to this??

The car in question is an ebay auctioned 914 "S" what is "S"

What is up with this car?

Rich
bd1308
914 S was what the 914 2.0 was supposed to be called.....

never thought there were actually some made.

b
davep
It was really nice and had a discerning buyer with the money to invest?
Is there something wrong with a 914 being worth more than $1000?
SirAndy
QUOTE (r_towle @ Nov 1 2005, 08:44 PM)
914 "S" what is "S"

do a search here, we just went through this whole spiel about the "S" 2 or 3 weeks ago ...

cool_shades.gif Andy
bd1308
now that the 914 is starting to get some well-deserved attention from the masses, I am not surprised that the cars are starting to become more pricey....

b
xitspd
confused24.gif What are you guys talking about? How about a link! I just sold a stock 914-6 for $28,000.................
r_towle
think about a good search term that would not kick off the overflow control system to prevent flooding....

I tried quite a few 914S "s" "S" and so on...it kept telling me flood control, or it returned the whole board...either or...

BTW, kinda OT, can you search within a thread? I am looking for a specific color car...can I search the show us your cars thread? faster than by hand?

Rich
Bleyseng
a 914/6 is passe, the 914S is da bomb!!

biggrin.gif
Twystd1
I have 3 of them for sale for 25K a piece.

And they are all the S models...
With polygon warfillt stanium bars from Germany..!!!! Factory NEW..!!!!!!!

Buy one of mine and make 5 thou profit..!!!!!!

OR: Buy all three and make 15 thou on Evil Bay.

Making money is just so easy on these cars....... Sooooo Easy....

Elliot... Are you listening?

wink.gif

Twystd1

Somebody hand me a crack pipe. This ebay thing is out of control....
It's killing my side biz... wacko.gif
Matt Monson
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Nov 1 2005, 07:49 PM)
now that the 914 is starting to get some well-deserved attention from the masses, I am not surprised that the cars are starting to become more pricey....

b

True, true. And it is also making original replacement parts harder to find and thus more expensive, and that in turn makes the cars worth more. Have you guys seen the recent market report in Excellence? According to them, the value of my car has gone up 20-25% while it has been sitting in pieces for 6 months...

Outside of the circles of this board and others like it, aside from the random barn find, the days of a running 914 under $1000 are coming to an end...
Root_Werks
Yup, I think gone are the days that $2500 could get you a 2.0-4 with decent paint and int.
bd1308
but soon enough, more and more aftermarket parts will start to blossom and bud into the market.

olav

It's a 914 bubble, move along, move along.
Chromatech
QUOTE (r_towle @ Nov 1 2005, 07:52 PM)
think about a good search term that would not kick off the overflow control system to prevent flooding....

I tried quite a few 914S "s" "S" and so on...it kept telling me flood control, or it returned the whole board...either or...

BTW, kinda OT, can you search within a thread? I am looking for a specific color car...can I search the show us your cars thread? faster than by hand?

Rich

If you refer to the "Canadian Color Sheet" below, the 914S is a 2.0L with the appearance group plus alloy wheels, stabilizers, gauges etc.

Canadian Color Sheet

Todd
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.