Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT flared cars wheel width
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Marv's3.6six
Like the description sez how wide of wheels can you go on a GT flared 914. I'm talking standard flares not the big uns.

I want 2 or 3 piece Fuchs with a 17" hoop, Lindseys or Mirage Intl. I have HRE311 17X8 & 17X9 now and are not in love with them.

Opinions please.

Also anyone know this car and what width. Thanx Marv

siverson
They are all going to be a little different depending on the car and how the flare was attached. I'd just look under your car now then and see how much extra room you have!

-Steve
Jeroen
what's wrong with the HRE's?
I think they're awesome...
confused24.gif
don9146
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Nov 2 2005, 11:46 AM)
I think they're awesome...
confused24.gif

I agree. I have 16 X 7 front and 16 x 9 rear factory Fuch wheels under my flares. It is getting harder and harder to find a 245 performance tire for 1 16" rim lately. You should have better luck finding high performance rubber for a 17" wheel.

BTW: I could possibly fit a 255 tire in the back under my flares, but a 245 fits well.

Later,
Don
Aaron Cox
ive seen 10's before under normal GT flares. 8's are an easy fit upfront.
Marv's3.6six
I'd just look under your car now then and see how much extra room you have!

Car body is still on rotissere with no susp components.

Nuthin really I just want to check out all my options.
siverson
> > I'd just look under your car now then and see how much extra room you have!

> Car body is still on rotissere with no susp components.

Ah, I see. I made the same mistake. If I was to do it again, I'd have my final susp/wheel/tire setup decided and on when I had the flares welded, and then take everything apart again after the fact.

Anyways, I have 245/45/16's on 16x9 Fuchs with +1/2" spacer in back. I -might- be able to fit a 255, but might not be able to and I really have no desire to try...

-Steve
Root_Werks
That car belongs to Ed I believe. The rear flares have been widened an extra inch and those are 17x10's back there. His car is mostly tire and wheel now. laugh.gif

Here is a thread with more pics of the car if it is the same one, sure looks like.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...87&hl=root&st=0

iamchappy
more pics
iamchappy
opps
iamchappy
llllll
Root_Werks
Yup, that's Ed's car before he bought it. He has had it for at least 5 years that I have known him. When were these pics taken?
iamchappy
Dont know confused24.gif
pete-stevers
man that car gives me a woody....looks pretty tough with those etra wide wheels
MikeP
I've got 17" x 275 on the rear and 17" x 235 on the front. My flares are teh cheapos that are on Ebay all the time. Wheels are custom offset Fikse
Root_Werks
QUOTE (iamchappy @ Nov 2 2005, 10:49 AM)
Dont know confused24.gif

Oh yeah, I have seen too much to not think that isn't Ed's car. Too cool! Back then it only sported 16x7 and 16x9's, now its 17x9 and 17x10's. He's added a trans cooler, 46mm PMO's and better seating.

It's an original six that was Irish Green.
Root_Werks
Picture from earlier this year with the 17's on it. I remember when he pulled the zoom tubes off.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.