Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Post a caption for this picture
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IVGUY
OK Guys I love this picture but being Canadian and all I am too politically correct to post a witty caption (at least the ones that come to mind) so I thought I would throw it open to y'all (specially the Bay area members)
bd1308
914/4--$3000

craftsman toolset and extra sets of points --$150

having to fix your car every ten miles --priceless
blitZ
The little blue car sat quietly, anticipating the second coming of Dr Porsche.
SLITS
Damn Canucks think they can park anywhere they like for a nooner!
Jenny
QUOTE (blitZ @ Nov 2 2005, 10:16 AM)

That's awesome!!! clap.gif

Jen
dlo914
The little 914 was contemplating whether to end it's life by lunging over the cliff or just gaze at the beautiful scenery.
Aaron Cox
why arent the signs in french in addition to english?
Joe Ricard

We have a winner smilie_pokal.gif . or at least that's my vote.
IVGUY
Blitz
I love it !!! thats the best!!!
Aaron As for lack of French signage this is a little part of Canada that they havent found yet.(Back it the 70's there were more draft dodgers then deer in the Kootenay's.)

Judging by all the tourists that I encountered on this trip if they did need signs in a second language it would be German..They all want to hike the Valhalla,s which are about 60 miles south of this picture
mharrison

I agree. I don't even see the point in posting one. That is definitely the winner IMHO !

smilie_pokal.gif
olav

Is it always that busy there? biggrin.gif
smontanaro
Is that the ferry near Nelson? I think I've actually ridden on it.

Skip
IVGUY
Skip
Your close but this ferry is actually on the Arrow Lakes south of Revelstoke. Nelson is in the next valley over to the east and that ferry is on the Kootenay Lakes.These roads are built for 914's and motorbikes. This route thru the Monashees was actually rated as one of the top 5 best roads for Sport cars and touring bikes by some national magazine 2 or 3 years ago.The gas station at Farquier only has one tank so he stocks Premium and this past summer said he filled over 16,000 touring bikes!!!
Dan
michel richard
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Nov 2 2005, 10:30 AM)
why arent the signs in french in addition to english?

French + English signs: 1)anything that is federal jurisdiction 2) anything that is provincial jurisdiction in an officially bilingual province i.e. Ontario, New Brunswick and Manitoba (IIRC)

French only signs: anything that is provincial jurisdiction in a province that is officially French only i.e. Québec

English only signs: anything that is provincial jurisdiction in a province that is officially English only i.e. 6 other provinces, including British Columbia

So, both ends of the ferry must be within British Columbia, which means it is provincial jurisdiction transport, and can be English only. If it were a ferry to Washington state, it would have be bilingual, because it would then fall under federal jurisdiction.

Now, we can go into exceptions to the above rules, if you like . . .
MikeP
How 'bout a Haiku?

Un-spoiled nature
Blue nine-fourteen stops to wait
Oil drips on asphalt
Joe Ricard
SO I guess we can all agree on the winning caption.
IVGUY
OK Joe Im with you
I agree.,blitZ wins and anytime he is up here in He will get a free 2 1/2 ride thru my Monashee backyard.If he comes in the winter he may just have to settle for a day of snowboarding. Sir Andy's caption deadline is noon Pacific (I hope) so I have closed this off and submitted it. Thanks to everyone for your help!!!
porschecb
Look! Someone left a nice 914 with the top off and the keys are in it! I guess its my lucky day. laugh.gif
Sammy
How far is that from Kamloops?
IVGUY
From Kamloops you would head East to Revelstoke and then turn south towards Nakusp .Its probably no more then 2 1/2 hours drive
I wish I new how to post a map of this area.
blabla914
"How much is the ferry? Keep looking......there MUST be another quarter under the mats somewhere?!"

Kelly
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (blabla914 @ Nov 2 2005, 03:28 PM)
"How much is the ferry?  Keep looking......there MUST be another quarter under the mats somewhere?!"

Kelly

clap.gif
Nice. ya'll are smarter than me. I can't come up wit nuthin.
Allan
I wish AAA would show up already...
Howard
QUOTE (Headrage @ Nov 2 2005, 05:02 PM)
I wish AAA would show up already...

Canada, ya nitwit biggrin.gif CAA, eh?
Garland
Daaaaddyyyy......
Elliot_Cannon
"Aaron waited but lost patience and decided to mount a search on his own"
Aaron Cox
elliot cannon fell asleep at the wheel
jonwatts
QUOTE (Jenny @ Nov 2 2005, 11:27 AM)

That's awesome!!! clap.gif

Jen

Agreed, hands down.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.