Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bring tools to the flare party in Seattle?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
John Kelly
Can anyone bring the following:

24oz ballpeen hammer with nice smooth face on the ball end. We need at least two more. Home Depot carries a Husky for a little over $15 if I remember right. Or if you have an old one that you can clean up the ball end on, that will work as well.

Any hammers and dollies that you can bring might come in handy. Otyherwise I will have to spend a few hours tomorrow modifying some that I have. I'd rather not, because I use them the way they are.

Please bring a carpet sample, rubber matt, or tough pillow for comfort while working.

A few drop lights would be nice...perhaps a flashlight or two.

Hearing protection! Safety glasses at your discretion.

Please post what you can bring here so that I can be better organized for this weekend.

We start Saturday at noon. Hope a lot of you will show up. I will be driving Zach's car so you can see what we are aiming for. It is about 75% finished.

Can I get a final show of hands on who will be there?

See other posts on community flare project for directions and information.

Thanks, John ww.ghiaspecialties.com
DNHunt
I can bring a drop light.
I have a small ball peen not a man's hammer like the 24 oz

Dave
rhodyguy
got the dollies and the assorted hammers. need a palm nailer? what do you use for the driver tip? how bout good hoses and stout elec. cords? a spare/back up compressor? i'll be loading the truck tomorrow for the swap, i'll need to know.

kevin
Qarl
Since I am flying in, I am only bring safety glasses. I'm not sure what the guys at TSA security would think about a hammer in my carryon! wink.gif

I'm not packing carpet either!
rhodyguy
what time do you depart? it's beautiful right now. you couldn't have picked a better time to come here. enjoy and welcome.

kevin
VegasRacer
Don't forget one of these for Dave's swirly. smilie_rolli_1.gif
John Kelly
Dave, Please do bring the hammer and droplight.

Kevin, Bring it all! It will be nice to have backups.

Karl, Bringing yourself is enough effort on your part.

Anyone else?

Dave, I will coming down around 8-9am tomorrow to get set up. I am not a burglar!

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
rhodyguy
the items i mentioned should not be concerned with then. see you sat. maybe an air nozzle or pneumatic tool oil? wink.gif

kevin
John Kelly
Hi Kevin,

I expect most of the work to be done by hand, so the airtools are nice but not the main focus. Please do bring it all just in case though. I will bring airtool oil, no airnozzle required. Thanks for your help! See you at John Walker's swapmeet.

Still need ballpeens, hammers and dollies, a couple more drop lights...and hands in the air for attendance.

Thanks, John www.ghiaspecialties.com
Qarl
Okay... I got the toilet packed in my carry-on. pain30.gif

It's the long seat model. I think it will just fit in the overhead compartment...
rhodyguy
3# pig maul makes for a good back up tool. lots of curves.

kevin
Andyrew
Someone take lots of pics!

I wont be there, but I wish I could.

Andrew
John Kelly
We also need a few short stools, or small chairs for comfort while hammering.

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
John Kelly
I just went down to Dave's and jacked the car up a little further for comfort...looks like we are good to go...more tools please!

Dave, I think I lost the plastic surround for my tailgate latch in your garage. If you see it, please hold it for me. I was in the second stall from the garage. I put your wheels under the car for an extra measure of safety...say in an earthquake or something. My brother was under a steel boat that was on blocks for the last quake...needless to say he was out of there in a hurry.

Thanks, John www.ghiaspecialties.com
914werke
Im kinda lite on the tools but will throw some rollers creepers & such in the truck !
airsix
Wish I could be there.

Don't forget to remove the bulbs from the taillights before you guys start smash.gif
Bleyseng
What taillites? Damn car is just a roller with doors on it.

GEoff
redshift
QUOTE(John Kelly @ Aug 14 2003, 04:30 PM)
We also need a few short tools

Isn't Dave doing to be there?

wavey.gif

I feel better now!

M
URY914
You need to post pics as you go so we can all watch from home. And everyone wear a big name tag.

Have a beer for me. beerchug.gif

Paul

PS. I told my wife a bunch of guys were going to meet in Seattle and beat off on a 914. She didn't think it was too funny.
Andyrew
You need to post pics as you go so we can all watch from home. And everyone wear a big name tag.

agree.gif
Bleyseng
I will take tons of pics and some movies, but they won't show all of John's secrets!

Lots of pics of Dave getting a swirly too!

Geoff
rhodyguy
ear plugs.
914Timo
Ohh.... I wish I could be there. I sure would like see you all and see how the flares will be created. That will be very interesting and very nice for Dave.

Hope you have good time smash.gif and the flares will be suberp pray.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.