Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More "transferring parts to a good roller"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bondo
So I'm gonna do it. I'll probably make it a BBQ event, and invite anyone from 914club that wants to come help. To be prepared I'd like to have parts handy that really should be replaced "while I'm in there" that I can't get from the FLAPS. I've thought of a few, but I thought I'd ask for some input from the experienced partswappers.

Stuff I've thought of:

brake lines (the donor 914 has braided SS lines... you will die!)
rubber master cylinder grommets
shifter bushings
valve cover gaskets (why not adjust the valves while it's easy?)
head sealing rings and pushrod tube seals (I really want to pull a head and see what I've got)

Anything else?
SGB
exhaust copper gaskets, muffler gaskets, maybe trans mount bushings (but you can do later), exhaust stud brass nuts, and a couple of extra studs....also, ya can't buy beer at a FLAPS.
Sparky
Resistance is futile....

You will be assimilated:assimilate:
assimilate.gif

pray.gif All Hail DWD pray.gif
Eric Taylor
What is DWD?
fiid
What about things like ball joints, suspension bushings, wheel bearings, pads, rotors...???
bondo
QUOTE (fiid @ Nov 3 2005, 09:37 AM)
What about things like ball joints, suspension bushings, wheel bearings, pads, rotors...???

That's exactly the sort of thinking I'm trying to avoid.. I could easily spend a kilobuck if I replaced everything in the process. It's not that hard to get to those items later, so I'll just inspect them and replace them later if they need it.

I'm more looking for things that may get destroyed in the process. Exhaust bits is a good suggestion.

From the club FAQ:
DWD - DirkWright's Disease (if you never get through with a simple repair, due to finding other things to work on as long as you're in there, you have it)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.