Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GA to FL Guys and Gals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Anyone have a lead or two on some project vehichles for a friend that lives in Daytona?

He may join here soon, but is currently looking for a project car...200-2k.

Rich
blitZ
The supply of 914 are pretty slim in the southeast and a bit more pricey than what is available out west. I actually made out well by purchasing a western car and had it shipped to Georgia.

There is a nice looking white 914 in Melbourne listed on AutoTrader. I called about it, it has a single carb which turned me off at the time. However, it has been on the market for some time, I expect you could negotiate them down to a more reasonable price.
URY914
See my blog for all or most of the Florida members. You could PM them and someone will know something. smile.gif
ein 6er
here is a nice looking white 914 in Melbourne listed on AutoTrader. I called about it, it has a single carb which turned me off at the time. However, it has been on the market for some time, I expect you could negotiate them down to a more reasonable price.

can you give me a link? i can't find it.

i'm in melbourne and can look at this one.
Joe Ricard
What level of project car does he want.
My Stripper has rolling gear and some do-dads to put it together.
Or a running car that needs TLC.

Stay clear of the ones that say "make a great race car" Which really means they are so hosed up you will be lucky to part it out and break even.
blitZ
Apparently, I spoke too soon, it's no longer listed.
stock93
Tell him to check with ZOT's. I talked to a local guy that wasnt on the club that was selling his car to them. He was moving to mexico thus getting rid of his teener. I had the guys contact info but I cant find it now sad.gif He was asking 2K.

John
blitZ
I thought I would pass this on if you guys are still looking. This car is listed on the AA site, however is for sale by an individual. I had contacted the lady, who knows nothing about the car, apparently belonged to a family member. I ended up buying a different car, but she called me back today, seems anxious to sell. Might be worth a look.

73 914 with lovely blue interior.
URY914
$5,000 ohmy.gif laugh.gif wacko.gif screwy.gif
blitZ
QUOTE (URY914 @ Nov 10 2005, 05:10 PM)
$5,000 ohmy.gif laugh.gif wacko.gif screwy.gif

That's what I thought, she apparently got her pricing from the AA guys, think they did some service work on the car. She sounded more flexible when I talked to her last.
bd1308
QUOTE (blitZ @ Nov 10 2005, 08:12 PM)
$5,000 ohmy.gif  :lol:  :wacko:  :screwy:

That's what I thought, she apparently got her pricing from the AA guys, think they did some service work on the car. She sounded more flexible when I talked to her last.

The real kicker is here guys, HOLD ON to your seats and your pocket change, it's single carb'd....

they want $5000 and ITS CARBED!!!!

b
URY914
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Nov 10 2005, 07:08 PM)
QUOTE (blitZ @ Nov 10 2005, 08:12 PM)
$5,000 ohmy.gif  :lol:  :wacko:  :screwy:

The real kicker is here guys, HOLD ON to your seats and your pocket change, it's single carb'd....

they want $5000 and ITS CARBED!!!!

b

Who in thier right mind would have a single carb on his 'teener?

Oh yea, I emailed the seller and she will only take cash, no checks. She said something about "people who take checks for payment are just plain....' confused24.gif
bd1308
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

good one paul
bhfast
I live in daytona as well. There is a place down the street that has a red 914 for sale out front. I don't know how much, but I'll check. I also know a guy who used to have 2 914's one is a parts car, I'll try to check on those also. Tell your friend to PM me so I can get his info.

Brian
carr914
I sent you an email on a project.

T.C.
meares
i've got one for sale but i'll need 8K....
blitZ
Looks like the Melbourne car is listed on AutoTrader again.

1973 914
ein 6er
thanks for the link!! i'll see if i can get a look at it tomorrow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.