Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: adjustable Bilstein sports?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
Have a chance to get a pair of rear Bilstein sports that have an adjustment knob near the control arm attachment (bottom). Came off a 914 racecar.
Anyone know anything about them?????
Any good? How much they worth used?
Thanks
driving.gif
Mueller
Hi Dan,

Brad mentioned something about them a few months ago to me, I looked into and the cost to convert them was in the $150 to $200 range (each)

Check this site out...pretty cool..wish I a shock dyno (and knew how to use it, hahaha)

Making adjustable shocks from Bilsteins
DanT
Thanks Mike,
I am going to take a look at them tomorrow. If I don't get them I will at least take a pic.
These are actual Bilstein units....My good friend that used to own a Porsche shop says these are the real deal and are pretty trick.
We will see smile.gif idea.gif idea.gif
J P Stein
Mostly I hear they are expensive....in the 600-800 range each, IIRC. Double adjustable.... Bout the same price as double adjustable Konis. Ottos had a set of used DA Konis a while back for 1K or so.
DanT
Hey JP,
Just noticed you are in Van Wa. Do you Chet Martin or James Ohl?
GGR transplants to up north.
Nice folks...long time Porsche people. wink.gif
J P Stein
Haven't had the pleasure......or was in a daze when I did...nuthin new there, I'm horrible with names.
What kinda cars do they have? Our last AX & DE of the season is Sunday. Car types will get me lookin'.
DanT
Doubt you would see them at an AX. James has a Silver Boxster and Chet has a mid 70s 911 targa with a full Carrera treatment including engine tranny and fender flares.
Both are very active in social events and are very involved in planning for the Portland Parade.
J P Stein
Ah, that explains it. I'm not anti-social, just don't do much with the club except AX. If things continue as they have been, I'll be AX chair at the Parade next year......can't say as I'm looking forward to that biggrin.gif
Many times I wish I could just show up & drive, even at local events. The Parade boggles my mind. I say the astronauts prayer "Please God, don't let me screw the pooch"
Britain Smith
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Nov 3 2005, 07:03 PM)
Ah, that explains it. I'm not anti-social, just don't do much with the club except AX. If things continue as they have been, I'll be AX chair at the Parade next year......can't say as I'm looking forward to that biggrin.gif
Many times I wish I could just show up & drive, even at local events. The Parade boggles my mind. I say the astronauts prayer "Please God, don't let me screw the pooch"

Hey JP...if you need any help with the AX stuff at Parade please let me know. I would love you be your assistant!

I volunteered for the WCC, but nobody has given me any responsibility...hint, hint.

-Britain
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Nov 3 2005, 06:14 PM)
Our last AX & DE of the season is Sunday.

Sure am glad you mentioned this JP. I was going to look at the calendar for the next one & forgot.

I'll be out thar on Sunday to help set up/ tear down.

Woo-hoo beerchug.gif Hope James brings the BEE! driving.gif

........b
DanT
At this time I am planning on going to the Portland Parade.
So I guess I might get to meet some of you folks from the Vancouver WA and Portland areas.

I have some friends in the general area so it will be a fun week.
Can hardly wait for the AX. Will be bringing the Put-put for an outing.
Hopefully with some trick adjustable Bilsteins on it.
wink.gif driving.gif
J P Stein
Britian:
We'll be having an AX meeting sometime after Rainbonnet.
Come join the group, we need all the help we can get for both Parade and the regular stuff. 2 hardcore AXers moved out of the area and we really miss them.
Britain Smith
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Nov 3 2005, 11:24 PM)
Britian:
We'll be having an AX meeting sometime after Rainbonnet.
Come join the group, we need all the help we can get for both Parade and the regular stuff. 2 hardcore AXers moved out of the area and we really miss them.

Sure thing, keep me in the loop. 503-330-4908

-Britain

BTW, what time do I need to be there on Sunday again?

Also, my name is spelled BritAIn.
Mueller
Hey Dan,

i saw in another post you bought regular Bilsteins sports.....what happened with the adjustable units?

Did he want too much?

DanT
Actually,
After I cleaned off the dirt...I realized they were very old Koni sports...like 20+ years old. And one of them I could not get the piston to move. So I went with what looked like the best bet.
These look to be the best. Now I just need a car to mount them on. wink.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Nov 4 2005, 04:04 PM)
Actually,
After I cleaned off the dirt...I realized they were very old Koni sports...like 20+ years old. And one of them I could not get the piston to move. So I went with what looked like the best bet.
These look to be the best. Now I just need a car to mount them on. wink.gif

Don't let him toss them...I'll buy lunch or something smile.gif smash.gif welder.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.