Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Air Cooled Engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Quilmes
Here are a few pic's I got from a vehicle that I was looking at.
I have never seen the engine until now.

Check it out , I could sware that it look like a Porsche air cooled fan?

Quilmes
Quilmes
one more motor picture.

East coaster
Pinzgauer
Quilmes
QUOTE (East coaster @ Nov 3 2005, 10:06 AM)
Pinzgauer

Yes SeƱor, yo uare correct. I thought it was pretty cool how the fron of the engine looks like Porsche engine.

Quilmes
Quilmes
inside.
URY914
Who here owns one?

Jake.
Quilmes
QUOTE (URY914 @ Nov 3 2005, 10:23 AM)
Who here owns one?

Jake.

I don't but I thought that it was cool to see that type of air-cooled engine in something other than a Porsche car or airplane or Covair.

I personally like UNIMOGS

Quilmes
URY914
I want one of these. You never know when those hurricannes will turn into snow storms. biggrin.gif
Mike D.
I posted a link to a sales video for the Pinz a couple months back. I'll see if I can find it again. A guy here at work keeps bugging me to go in halfseez with him on one. There is one for sale out a the Pamona Swap Meet every so often. It would definatly be Fun to have one.
-Mike D.
URY914
I also like Land Rover FWC's...
Quilmes
I think that it would be different car for sure. You could always use it to help other during the disaster relief like Katrina.
Do you know that the UNIMOG's come with 20" rims, talk about BLING BLING before it's time.
Can you imagine one of these trucks at the valet parking, " What s your car look like" Like no other truck in your parking lot...

You could always pick up your friends to go into town.

Quilmes
maf914
QUOTE (Quilmes @ Nov 3 2005, 11:41 AM)
You could always pick up your friends to go into town.

Close friends, that is! Phew! laugh.gif
mudfoot76
QUOTE (Quilmes @ Nov 3 2005, 12:41 PM)
Check it out , I could sware that it look like a Porsche air cooled fan?

When I first saw that, I thought it might be from a Tatra
URY914
I like one of these... biggrin.gif
Jake Raby
Yes, thats a Steyr Daimler Puch Pinzgauer engine...

Guess who has one apart on the bench right now- and guess who else is making a set of Nickies for it! The engine is stock at 2.5 Liters and it weighs almost 800 pounds!

Here is my Pinz in action I have been driving this beast dailty for the past two months and I absolutely love it...
user posted image

Here are some more pics Pinz pics

and more pinz pics
My Pinz engine is going from 94 stroke and 92 bore to 100mm stroke and 102mm bore using Nickies and ceramic lifters...

I have a ton of guys dying for my engine developments with this beast. The stock engine only makes 90 HP, but a whopping 180 lb/ft of torque!

I just finished the autopsy on the patient and as soon as I get the chance I'll upload pics on my site..
ken914
Jake,

What are you shooting for (HP, Torque)? Are you regrinding the CAM to get more top end? What about displacement, got to be a lot of room to work with in that thing!

Jake Raby
I'm starting from scratch,.. Totally new combination from cam/heads/CR/displacement and intake/exhaust systems along with EFI and direct fire ignition..

"Its all in the combo" and I'm sure I can get 300 ponies out of this engine EASILY- its fuckin huge!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.