Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 history question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Hi,

I have a 72 that was originally metallic gold...on McMarks site and fromwhat I have read, it was a limited edition...

Right now its red.

Question...how many of these Gold ones were made?
Is it worth going back to Gold.
Did the Fuchs that came with it have black or silver centers??

Thanx in advance to the 914 historians.

Rich

Bleyseng
the gold paint was an optional color I thought, not a Special Edition
The Fuchs first came with the 73 914S cars

I like the gold cars esp if they are stock maybe with the early Pedriniis
smg914
agree.gif with Geoff. Metallic Gold was a color available in 1971 and 1972. It was available at an extra cost just like Silver Metallic and Black. You don't see that many original gold 914's so I think it would be cool if you ever decide to repaint your car to make it match the paint code plate in your driver's door jam.

The correct optional wheel for a 1972 914 is the Pedrini wheel. No wheel that ever came on a 914 had black centers except the 914-6's 5 lug Fuchs.

By the way, the picture you attached to your post is of a euro 1974 Delphi Green Metallic car not Gold Metallic. But in this picture it does kind of look goldish.
r_towle
well then...does anyone have a picture of a gold mettalic car???

And a pick of the pedrini wheels?

Rich
lapuwali
The attached photo was taken from McMark's site for the gold metallic...

My '71 was also originally metallic gold according to the paint code, and is now mostly white. The trunks, floors, and a few other places weren't repainted. Frankly, the color looks terrible to my eyes. It's piss yellow metallic, really. I'd not want the whole car to be that color. I may very well end up stripping and repainting my car one day, but it will not be in the OEM color.

Pedrinis look very similar to the four-bolt Mahles. I'm sure if you do a search here, you'll find some pics of those wheels.
maxwelj
[QUOTE=smg914,Nov 3 2005, 03:56 PM
The correct optional wheel for a 1972 914 is the Pedrini wheel. No wheel that ever came on a 914 had black centers except the 914-6's 5 lug Fuchs.

My -6 had/has silver centers in its 14" Fuchs. No Black, no enamel
SirAndy
QUOTE (r_towle @ Nov 3 2005, 02:26 PM)
well then...does anyone have a picture of a gold mettalic car???

EASY had a really nice one for month, came with original white (!) interior, no rust ...

they couldn't sell it, so they cut it up ...
huh.gif Andy
smg914
Quote: My -6 had/has silver centers in its 14" Fuchs. No Black, no enamel

I can tell you that your 6 didn't come from the factory with 5.5X14 Fuchs wheels with all silver and no black paint. A previous owner of your wheels most definately stripped the black paint off of them. Honest.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.