Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: near religious experience in teener today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jfort
The weather is changing, but it was supposed to be nice today (and has been) so I decided to drive the teener to work -- about 60 miles one way. It was a little chilly with the top off, headers and no heat, but the sun was just coming up, I was cruising at about 80 mph, and the CD started "Two Tickets to Paradise." It was great -- a near religious experience. And it made me think how much I enjoy the car and that it would not be possible without this board. Morphenspectra's speakers and carpet, Qarl's LED gauge lights, the Rennshift shifter from James Adams, and the countless pieces of information I have learned by being a lurker here. So, THANKS, you guys.
bd1308
it sure is a great day to go for a drive.....

b
Root_Werks
You could hear your radio playing? laugh.gif

Good on you! smilie_pokal.gif Nothing puts the money where the mouth is better than driving a 914 after countless hours of work and money spent. The cars are a hoot to drive. I love to hear when some actually made it to work in one and enjoyed it to boot! driving.gif
nomore9one4
Point "A" to point"B"? Great score,great score! Good luck with making it back! clap.gif flag.gif
mudfoot76
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Nov 3 2005, 03:43 PM)

Damn right it is...while I'm driving my teener to work this morning, I almost called in and said I was taking a personal day, then kept heading south to Brown County (where y'all did your FFC driving) and enjoyed the sun and colors...almost....stupid meetings today that I really couldn't miss mad.gif

Oh well, I'm getting ready to leave for the day. Time to take the lid off and enjoy burnout.gif
Buckeye '73
Hailing from Dayton, Ohio.... I'm with you. Yesterday I left early and took "the long way home"! (20 mins became 45)

By the way - I figured out how to test the "reserve tank" light.

Get to just under a half tank and then take a HARD right turn HARD.

At that fraction of a second before the car slides, the gas sloshes left and the needle goes to empty!!! (Apparently the gauge is on the right side of the tank.)

Hmmmm? I'm gonna leave right now and see what happens on a left turn!!! driving-girl.gif

(Officer, it was purely diagnostic.)
bd1308
QUOTE (mudfoot76 @ Nov 3 2005, 03:16 PM)
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Nov 3 2005, 03:43 PM)

Damn right it is...while I'm driving my teener to work this morning, I almost called in and said I was taking a personal day, then kept heading south to Brown County (where y'all did your FFC driving) and enjoyed the sun and colors...almost....stupid meetings today that I really couldn't miss mad.gif

Oh well, I'm getting ready to leave for the day. Time to take the lid off and enjoy burnout.gif

dude, I had *SO* much fun driving in Brown County. Except when the car felt like it was floating and that telephone pole was oh so close....it was real fun...probably would have handled better if i didnt have 200 lbs. of crap in my trunks.

b
vesnyder
I am jealous! By the time I get mine running the snow will be flying. Glad to hear somebody out there is enjoying the teener!

jfort - you're the guy I met through Tab - right? I am the one who sold him the parts car. Cheers!
MecGen

This is payback for hours of pain in the a$$ work.

Enjoy aktion035.gif

+Karma your way

Later

beerchug.gif
aircooledboy
Amen brother beerchug.gif
Normal high here today: 53 Actual high here today:72 w00t.gif

Drove back from McHenry county (60ish miles) this morning topless. Perfect day. Drove home tonight topless, really enjoying my life. driving.gif Got a little melancholy as the engine rumbled in the silnce when I realized "this is almost certainly the last time I'll get to do this until about May!!!! unsure.gif Oh well, it is November, and this is the Midwest. Every drive period now is on borrowed time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.