Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: okay time for the much awaited
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty914
okay here is a video of my 75 914 with the 2.5 NA suby motor doing a wild fish tail. its all second gear, i started off at the turn at about 20 mph, the speedo bounced off of 50. i have to get out of the gas for a second during the slide, due to a tractor trailer being right there or i would have done at least a 180.

its a rapid share link, so what you need to do is to schroll down to the bottom of the pager i link to, click on the free download. then it will go to another page that will tell ya how long to wait.

video here driving.gif
goose2
I'd like to see it but can't find the link....schroll to the bottom of the pager I link to???
Root_Werks
headbang.gif Work is restricting the site. sad.gif
jet1
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif That was great! you suby people really got me thinking. idea.gif I have allready looked around the local junk yards for an engine.
scotty914
click on the video here button in my first post, then the bottom of that page you will see a ( select your down load ) and click on the free downlaod

btw i can email it direct too
Mr.C
After you click the part that says FREE, give the page some time to load. I didn't see it at first either.
SLITS
Gawd.....he stills drives like he did at the WCC05 laugh.gif , but I didn't see any oil leaking rolleyes.gif

Scare 'em to death Scott...............
Mr.C
YEAH!! We need some more vids of 914s in action. smilie_pokal.gif
spare time toys
good thing the bus was running a little late blink.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif
Aaron Cox
fun smile.gif
SirAndy
what, no sound ??? sad.gif

looking good there scott!
smilie_pokal.gif Andy
TonyAKAVW
hrmph. I can't view the video. It says I already downloaded stuff (another suby video) and so now if I want to download more I have to pay.

Would someone mind emailing me the video at tony@wavelen.com ?

Tony
Mueller
yea it's pretty easy to do that when the water starts leaking out of the radiator/motor and making the rear wheels slick biggrin.gif laugh.gif burnout.gif
soloracer
Guess that Japanese powerplant has you feeling the "drift-ito" vibe. laugh.gif
Tobra
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Nov 3 2005, 03:04 PM)
good thing the bus was running a little late blink.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif

First thing I thought too. Looks like fun though, sounds all right too
Air_Cooled_Nut
Sorry man but that download website SUCKS!

I put the video (and it does have sound) on my server:
http://www.icbm.org/erkson/temp/914-subi.avi

I'll remove it if you want. For those with a 56K modem, it's about 23Mb in size sad.gif
lapuwali
I got sound when I played it. It's amazing how much that sounds like a Type 4. I suppose it should (flat four, same firing order, probably similar exhaust).

btw, you need to post more detailed photos of your setup. Rad brackets top and bottom, exhaust system, etc.
scotty914
no problem toby, i hate free sites too, but i am a 914 owner.

as for the exhaust, it is a home made copy of a triad

as for pics i have a am email pre made to send to people who ask for pics. i had a few threads here but a few people who did not like the way i did a few things so i decided to have info control.

and mike finger.gif , there is no water leakage at all, i have not even opened the radiator or topped of the over flow tank in 6 k miles
type47fan
QUOTE (Tobra @ Nov 3 2005, 05:09 PM)
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Nov 3 2005, 03:04 PM)
good thing the bus was running a little late blink.gif  :headbanger:  :driving:

First thing I thought too. Looks like fun though, sounds all right too

The bus was heading for the barn. It's programmable info banner above the windshield says "FINISHED SERVICE".

Fun and inspiring stuff. Very healthy sounding machine. Great job.
Joe Ricard
Cool. burnout.gif
mongrel-gs
That's how scott was driving when he took me for a ride... I'm daily driving a conversion now.
SpecialK
Nice recovery! ....and yeah, good thing the bus was running late!

Does sound real healthy, and good job on the exhaust! smilie_pokal.gif
rick 918-S
monkeydance.gif ohmy.gif happy11.gif
bd1308
it does sound type-IV ish.....

which is good. I like that sound.

anyway, awesome stunt. i know somebody peed thier pants....i think it was the bus driver.

b
crash914
Hey Scott....you drive like I do.....

I usually take some back roads to work...they have a couple of rotary's on them...I usually go around a couple of times sideways....

I am settled now...out I 70 by turf valley. Give me a call. 443.472.6541

Herb...
BIGKAT_83
Looks fun........................and now for a V8 no turn needed.

911_V8

biggrin.gif Bob
goose2
laugh.gif fun fun
CptTripps
Here's my favorite sequence.

Cig in his mouth...dent in his fender...looking at the camera...
CptTripps
...OH SHIT...A BUS!
crash914
What street was that???
scotty914
it happens to be Toone st right around the corner from my house.

and for doing it with out a turn i can do that too, but i dont like to trash my cv's any more than i need to
Andyrew
I swear scott... sometimes...

At the wcc, scott gave me a ride AFTER I gave him a ride... I probably hit it about 1/4 throttle because It was on the back road and I didnt want to go to fast... (conservative I guess)

Scott? He takes it full throttle till about 60..... lol (to which I said, theres no road after that corner... and we made an abrupt stop laugh.gif )

Very nicely engineered!

But I would have wanted a bigger drift... lol

I guess I'll take a video camera tomorrow and do my own.. But I think that 911 takes the cake.... I cant do 11's very well... although I actually havent tried....

Andrew

BTW I think im glad that Scott is behind the wheel of a 170hp subaru.... not a 280hp tt subaru or a 350hp sbc...... cool_shades.gif.... wink.gif
Root_Werks
Granted the bang for the buck isn't as good, but I wonder how long it will take before someone pops in an early 2.5 986 motor with 200hp. You can snag them for $2500. there is one for sale in the Seattle area with 20k miles on it for $2500. Yeah, it's water cooled, but quiet and still a Porsche engine. idea.gif
crash914
Scott, do you still need wheels??/

I got about 3 sets.....I need to get rid of a set of Rivera's and Westerns....
crash914
Wow, my wifes grandmother grew up right around the corner on Potomac street...

I thought it looked familar....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.