Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rolling dyno.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HGuderian
If you could add the functionality of the G-tech Pro to this LM-1, you could have a rolling dyno. I said the same thing to Innovate Motorsports and they replied:

"Thanks for your feedback. We have looked at the GT-Pro unit and are
looking into some of its features. At the current time we are just
trying to support the large demand for the unit we currently have.
Hopefully within the next couple months we will be ready to focus on
adding more useful features/products to our product mix."

If they ever do include the ability to measure hp, I will definitely buy one to tune my d-jet.

Heinz
Bleyseng
I was lookin at the LM-1 unit. If its as accurate as they say, I will pop for one. That is the answer to tuning Djet.
We already know the most hp is at partload-13.7 to 1 and 12.5 to 1 for WOT. Set it and go!

Geoff
airsix
That LM-1 looks AWSOME!!!!!! $349? That's a surprisingly low price for the features you get. Heck, it's a good price if all it did was show the A/F ratio. I've been getting ready to BUILD a wide-band meter, and it was going to cost about the same. How long has this been around at this price level? I can't believe I haven't seen/heard before now. Shweeeet. Thank you Heinz.

-Ben M.

ps - any of you megasquirt/SDS/etc. tinkerers out there who haven't entered the tuning phase yet probably don't yet realize just how badly you are going to want one of these.
Bleyseng
Maybe DaveHunt will want to share one with me, I am over the budget on car parts this year.

Geoff
airsix
Heinz, I just thought of something...

You could use this LM-1 as a true dyno just the way it is. It will take an rpm input and dump rpm/AFR tables to spreadsheets. It should not be a huge task to build a spreadsheet template that you could dump these tables into to calculate a torque/hp curve with AFR overlayed.

You'd need to know:
weight of car
drag coeficient
tire diameter
gear ratio
final drive ratio

The LM-1 will sample RPM at a known sample-rate, so from that you know the rate of acceleration at a given rpm. That's enough for a torque/hp calcualtion. I'm liking this unit more and more by the minute.
-Ben M.
cgnj
I bit and emailed. Here is the reply:

Carlos,

We are going to release a accessory for the LM1 called the AuxBox. It
will enable you to log the following inputs and more (RPM, TPS, MAP,
MAF, etc). This accessory will be able 9/1/03 est.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Cort Charles
Innovate! Motorsports
(949)388-4442 Ext. 122
www.tuneyourengine.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2003 12:09 PM
To: contact@tuneyourengine.com
Subject: LM-1

Hi,

Interested in this product. In addtion to AF, what other inputs can it
monitor? Could I look at rpm?,or would I need another instument?

TIA,

Carlos

So, do I have to bite the bullet alone or is anyone interested in sharing? PM me.

Carlos
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.