Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OT] Can I bookmark threads?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smontanaro
Is it possible to somehow bookmark forum threads? It would
make it much easier to save topics I find interesting.

Thx,

Skip Montanaro
Jeroen
not if you click the "bookmark" link at the right hand top of the page

but you can press CTRL+d in most webbrowsers and it'll add the page you are viewing to your favorites
smontanaro
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Nov 3 2005, 06:57 PM)
but you can press CTRL+d in most webbrowsers and it'll add the page you are viewing to your favorites

Thanks. I was looking for something that would store the reference on the forum website associated with my login, but a bookmark within the browser will work.

Skip
McMark
Let the site set a cookie and you won't have to log in each time. Then you can bookmark just like normal. At least in every web browser I've ever seen. You can also "subscribe" to a thread by clicking the "Track This Topic" just above the first post in the thread.
jonwatts
QUOTE (McMark @ Nov 3 2005, 07:23 PM)
You can also "subscribe" to a thread by clicking the "Track This Topic" just above the first post in the thread.

Yep, that's what I do.

Correction: That's what I used to do. I just saw this under My Controls... Note: Subscriptions are pruned if there is no reply to the topic after 60 days

I don't remember seeing that before, sucks sad.gif

lotus_65
i just print a pdf and stash it in my 914 directory (folder).
SirAndy
QUOTE (jonwatts @ Nov 4 2005, 12:48 AM)
I don't remember seeing that before, sucks sad.gif

you're right, that sucks. never noticed that before either ...

one more thing to fix!
type.gif Andy
jonwatts
Go code monkey, go!

And while yer in there, fix the damn tab order for PM's please!!!!! smile.gif
TINCAN914
I was thinking the other day. It would be cool, if there was a folder within each members control file, where you can store links to each thread that you find information that he or she could use at a later date. Example. Let's say there is a thread that in about brakes, you can click and save that link for next month or six months from now when you can use it for reference. I know there is a classic section, but I thought this might be easier. Can this be done?

Oh and by the way Andy, dead horse.gif Is CLASSIC!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif (I can't wait to use it)
davep
I use Firefox for almost everything except saving web pages. IE has the nifty feature to save a page as an '.mht' single file archive. I can save a thread, page by page, for future reference, even off-line. Many of the most significant threads for me I have saved that way. It is a useful tool.
Gint
You can also use the "Email this topic" link at the bottom of each thread page to email yourself a copy of the link. I add more descritive text to the email before sending and then save them all to one folder. Makes for easy searches with the mail tool of choice.

In reality though, I just apply some diligence to the search function of the site and I almost always find everything I'm looking for that I've seen in the past and know is on the site someplace.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.