Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice Black 6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
Brought to you by TRE Cup.
Nice car, nice article, and a very nice tribute to a late friend.
jimtab
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Nov 3 2005, 07:25 PM)
Brought to you by TRE Cup.
Nice car, nice article, and a very nice tribute to a late friend.

agree.gif Excellent article.
EdwardBlume
I like the part where the PO put in a nice customer leather job, then the recent owner took it all out - meant for street / track!!! wink.gif
rick 918-S
If I ever get home to check the mail I'll have to read it. mad.gif
scottb
just read it. a good read. biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
I like the part about the stock 911S alloy caliper spacers (p130, 2nd paragrah)... idea.gif

Maybe Dave or Peter can weight in on that confused24.gif

Nice article. Nice car. Congrats Dave.
porschecb
Would be neet to know the real HP. Claim 310. With that much time & money in to it I would deff. to A dyno. wink.gif
Gint
What month Excellence? I don't subscribe. I only get a copy when someone posts something like this. But it would be helpful to know what month we're talking about.
J P Stein
QUOTE (porschecb @ Nov 5 2005, 11:57 AM)
Would be neet to know the real HP. Claim 310. With that much time & money in to it I would deff. to A dyno. wink.gif

Yeah, that's what I always say "deff. to A dyno"....that way folks have no idea WTF I am talking about.

Porshce was making 308 hp out of a 2.8L back in 19&72.....and it would run for 24 hours of racin'. Neet, eh?

Lessee, it's kinda hard to figure....December, 2005. Is it Christmas season already? I missed Turkey day?
rick 918-S
QUOTE (Gint @ Nov 5 2005, 04:08 PM)
What month Excellence?  I don't subscribe.  I only get a copy when someone posts something like this.  But it would be helpful to know what month we're talking about.

With all the 914 stuff that has been in there lately, I'll always subscribe. aktion035.gif driving.gif Mike you'll have to wait a week or two to get the latest copy if you don't have a subscrition. sad.gif The Cayman article is outragious! They really make the connection to the 914! Way to go boy's! clap.gif You get a standing "O" clap.gif The styling is a little too 911 ish for me but the layout with the middle motor is as it should be. I'm starting the like the car.
rezron
It's also nice to see that the 914 is actually mentioned in the
article on the new Cayman in the same issue! Dec. 2005.

smilie_pokal.gif
rezron
J P Stein
QUOTE (rezron @ Nov 5 2005, 04:33 PM)
It's also nice to see that the 914 is actually mentioned in the
article on the new Cayman in the same issue! Dec. 2005.

smilie_pokal.gif
rezron

Sneaky Pete musta slid that in there laugh.gif
porschecb
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Nov 5 2005, 04:22 PM)
QUOTE (porschecb @ Nov 5 2005, 11:57 AM)
Would be neet to know the real HP.  Claim 310. With that much time & money in to it I would deff. to A dyno. wink.gif

Yeah, that's what I always say "deff. to A dyno"....that way folks have no idea WTF I am talking about.

Porshce was making 308 hp out of a 2.8L back in 19&72.....and it would run for 24 hours of racin'. Neet, eh?

Lessee, it's kinda hard to figure....December, 2005. Is it Christmas season already? I missed Turkey day?

Settle down big guy! All I ment was if I spent that much time & money into A 3.0 that I did or did not build into such a well sorted car I think I would spend the $ for A dyno. IMHO. wink.gif
9146R
Just got back from evening run on my favorite back roads with the teener...some nice curves just made the car and me sooo happy...came home to the mail and EXCELLENCE ! my favorite magazine...thanks for the heads up on 914 article.

Popped a cold Corona, sittin down to enjoy the articles. Hope everyone on here has a great weekend

Greg beerchug.gif
J P Stein
Ah, now that makes sense. biggrin.gif
I've never had my engine on a dyno.
I claim 200 hp. A good tuner with a dyno could prolly extract another 10hp....which is the only reason I would consider dynoing a engine. Prolly would cost me several hundred bucks.

I can barely deal with what I have on an AX course now, so why....braging rights?

Both the RS & RSR engines are recipe engines. Do this, stir gently, & here's your power......minus your own lousy tuning. laugh.gif
airsix
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Nov 5 2005, 06:48 PM)
Both the RS & RSR engines are recipe engines. Do this, stir gently, & here's your power......minus your own lousy tuning. laugh.gif

Best quote ever! lol2.gif laugh.gif chairfall.gif
Porsche Rescue
Visited with the author (Peter Linsky, Portland guy) today at our local PCA annual "Rainbonnet" weekend. This car was on display there. It is to be featured in Excellence in the spring. Incredible car, built by Rothsport in Portland, commissioned by a Portland collector who also owns the Carerra GT in the pic. I once owned the tub ('74 light ivory 2.0), sold it to Craig Laughlin who sold it to its current owner. As you can see, he made some improvements.
Porsche Rescue
forgot the pic
Porsche Rescue
another pic of my old car.............
Porsche Rescue
A 3.6 bored to 3.8 with a Wevo make it go
Porsche Rescue
Is this what they mean by a "cage"?
Porsche Rescue
Roll bar is blended into the targa bar......
Porsche Rescue
Rear (and front) lid is fiberglass, uses BMW 320i front hood hinge hardware.
jimtab
THAT is a pretty happenin' looking machine....if only it were green.....
Dr. Roger
by any chance do you have a pic with the engine lid and rear trunk closed????

i love that custom setup! smilie_pokal.gif

i dreaming up a custom air intake/engine lid for mine over the winter....or next year, or the year after..... biggrin.gif
Porsche Rescue
Sorry, no other pics. Basically the rear lid closes with the notch around the intake system, then the engine grill/lid drops and is pinned to the trunk lid.
The engine lid is stock, except gt style (all mesh). It is notched as well, almost all the way, rear to front, to allow the front part of the intake system to clear. It then has the "bubble" (custom fabricated of metal or fiberglass and mesh) attached to cover the notch in the center of the engine lid.
Dr. Roger
dang.

oh well, now i'm thinking about making my rear trunk "suicide style".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.