Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fog light lamp replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
lamps out...how do i take it apart to replace the lamp?

dumb q i know.

b
r_towle
I think its easier to see if you take it out of the bumper

There are some fastener on the side of the lense cover

bd1308
okay...

as long as thier is a bolt somewhere...i'll figure it out.

thanks.

b
pfierb
QUOTE (r_towle @ Nov 4 2005, 01:16 AM)
I think its easier to see if you take it out of the bumper

There are some fastener on the side of the lense cover

I tried it on my 73 2.0 and couldn't get at the bolts any suggestions short of taking the bumper off?
SGB
It has been awhile, but IIRC, the lense surround pulls off from the bottom- sorta hinged by the lip at the top....
Spoke
I just replaced a fog lamp. There is a small screw at the bottom of the unit which holds a small clamp piece to secure the foglight rim. Remove the screw and the rim opens from the bottom.

From there, the lamp socket is clipped onto the reflector and with a small screwdriver, the clip can be removed and the lamp will be accessable.

That said, it is possible to do it without removing the bumper if you have hands the size of a small child coupled with the dexterity of a surgeon. The foglight rims on my car were slightly rusted onto the foglight fixture and needed pried loose with a screwdriver. I did this with the bumper off.

My bumper was only held on with 2 bolts, one on each side. And of those 2, one snapped off when I tried to remove it. I drilled out and re-tapped all 4 bolts and replaced with shiny new ones from the local hardware store. Now removing the bumper is very easy. If I have to replace another foglamp, I say "off with the bumper".

Spoke
CptTripps
QUOTE (Spoke @ Nov 4 2005, 03:00 PM)
If I have to replace another foglamp, I say "off with the bumper"

I second that....
fiid
hijacked.gif

Uh - does anyone know if the stock wiring can handle the "Pilot" replacement lamps?

THanks,

Fiid.
pfierb
QUOTE (Spoke @ Nov 4 2005, 04:00 PM)
I just replaced a fog lamp. There is a small screw at the bottom of the unit which holds a small clamp piece to secure the foglight rim. Remove the screw and the rim opens from the bottom.

From there, the lamp socket is clipped onto the reflector and with a small screwdriver, the clip can be removed and the lamp will be accessable.

That said, it is possible to do it without removing the bumper if you have hands the size of a small child coupled with the dexterity of a surgeon. The foglight rims on my car were slightly rusted onto the foglight fixture and needed pried loose with a screwdriver. I did this with the bumper off.

My bumper was only held on with 2 bolts, one on each side. And of those 2, one snapped off when I tried to remove it. I drilled out and re-tapped all 4 bolts and replaced with shiny new ones from the local hardware store. Now removing the bumper is very easy. If I have to replace another foglamp, I say "off with the bumper".

Spoke

I guess it's off with the bumper not a surgeon and hands are
to big.....Knew I should have gone to med. school.
Thanks Paul F.
bd1308
woah.

sad.gif

b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.