Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT:Forgot to remove gas nozzel after filling up..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Luckly no one or anything was damaged biggrin.gif

Yep, gas filler is on the passanger side, filled up with fuel, went into the station to get something to drink and get a couple of lotto tickets...I guess the thought of winning the Lotto had my mind clouded...hop into the car and drove off...

heard loud bang, oh $h!t, I ripped the nozzel and hose right off the gas pump...luckly it had some sort of break-away attachment that stopped the fuel from leaking out.....

I went back into the station and mentioned "breaking" the hose, they just said thanks and they'll go out and fix it...I half expected that I'd have to pay for it....

3rd bad thing to happen in the last few weeks for me so I think I'm good for another few years wacko.gif screwy.gif
Series9
I guess you weren't driving a 914. If you were, that's REALLY bad. cool.gif
Aaron Cox
HAHHAHAHHAHHA.......

on the teener? hard to drive with the hood up! LMAO mike.

i think they found you....

user posted image
Mueller
QUOTE (914RS @ Nov 4 2005, 10:27 PM)
I guess you weren't driving a 914. If you were, that's REALLY bad. cool.gif

the wifes Volvo...luckly it still has the huge dent in it from my "oops" a few weeks ago...she was not amused at this one either...no sense of humor biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Mueller @ Nov 4 2005, 10:36 PM)
QUOTE (914RS @ Nov 4 2005, 10:27 PM)
I guess you weren't driving a 914.  If you were, that's REALLY bad. cool.gif

the wifes Volvo...luckly it still has the huge dent in it from my "oops" a few weeks ago...she was not amused at this one either...no sense of humor biggrin.gif

back on insurance i hope.... wink.gif

too funny mike. id have kept driving. makes a great conversation piece for the garage tongue.gif

LOL
jonwatts
Dude you're scaring me. That's it, your cell phone priveledges are suspended while driving.
Trekkor
I actually saw someone do this over ten years ago.
Pulled the pump down on it's side laugh.gif

KT
bd1308
i would be very surprised if you had been the first. I bet it happens often enough.

don't sweat it. I left a $3000 laptop at work one time. Needless to say that is the first time i did a 180 on a road. 10 minutes later. it was still there.

also locked the keys in my 914. and tried to pry the targa top open with a screwdriver to get it....ended chipping off the corner of the top. This was before I officially owned the car.

b
brant
thanksfully this was your 3rd thing...

I too think your golden from here on out!

brant
QUOTE (Mueller @ Nov 4 2005, 09:24 PM)
Luckly no one or anything was damaged biggrin.gif

Yep, gas filler is on the passanger side, filled up with fuel, went into the station to get something to drink and get a couple of lotto tickets...I guess the thought of winning the Lotto had my mind clouded...hop into the car and drove off...

heard loud bang, oh $h!t, I ripped the nozzel and hose right off the gas pump...luckly it had some sort of break-away attachment that stopped the fuel from leaking out.....

I went back into the station and mentioned "breaking" the hose, they just said thanks and they'll go out and fix it...I half expected that I'd have to pay for it....

3rd bad thing to happen in the last few weeks for me so I think I'm good for another few years wacko.gif screwy.gif

biggrin.gif
McMark
Oh Mike. You and your crazy antics. laugh.gif
I agree with Jon. lol2.gif
Gint
You luck lately sux Mike!
mightyohm
Mike, ease off the drugs... slowly...

I did that once in college. They charged me for it. It was around $50-$100. And it left a nice dent in my car.
michel richard
QUOTE (Mueller @ Nov 4 2005, 09:24 PM)
...luckly it had some sort of break-away attachment that stopped the fuel from leaking out.....

They have to have those things, they were'nt there per chance.
Jeroen
QUOTE (Gint @ Nov 5 2005, 07:51 AM)
You luck lately sux Mike!

agree.gif
why do you even bother to buy lotto tickets?
TINCAN914
Did the same thing about 14 years ago.. I'm the reason they put those safety shut off valves on the pumps.. screwy.gif
I did it with a moving truck. Took the hose, and two signs with me.. S**T ALARMS, BELLS, GAS, Yelling Yack.gif in a language I could not understand, I thought for sure I was a dead man..... Good thing I had the extra insurance... biggrin.gif

Tell your wife, hey at least I didn't screw up as bad as this dummy!! dry.gif Maybe she will feel better.. smile.gif
MecGen
Hey

Well I worked at a full service station, and this happened once a month. People just have too much on the mind. we had about 20 nozzle tips in stock, about 200$. All the newer nozzle are made to break at the base of the snout so replacing the head is no longer needed.

Imagine this, two 16 year old Gasjockies, 10 min before closing, deside to enjoy a large classic Canadian smoke. A local farmer desides to enjoy a strip club after work in the city. BANG He took out the entire pump, right off the base driving.gif It was in use filling another car.
At the time there was only an emergency switch inside the shop. The time it took to say "Cooool", gas was pissing out of the base.
10 min =
10 police cars
3 Fire Trucks
Enviroment officials (it made it to the drain, which is no longer allowed)
PattyWagen (drunk driver)
Freaked out Boss that was called in
2 Red eyed jockies making a police report...priceless.

This happened over 20 years ago, times and regulation have changed in the gas dist. industry, this would never happen in todays equipement. The drunk driver was charged.

I heard thru the grapevine that one of the jockies drive a 914.....

Don't worry about it, worse tripps happen

Later

beerchug.gif
nomore9one4
How much was the gas?
SLITS
Uhhhhhh....don't feel to bad....I drug one thru a Jack In Crack before I discovered it was hanging off the side of my Jeep ('bout 1/2 mile from the gas station). It's funny, when people are laughing and pointing, it causes you to wonder. biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (SLITS @ Nov 5 2005, 08:05 AM)
Uhhhhhh....don't feel to bad....I drug one thru a Jack In Crack before I discovered it was hanging off the side of my Jeep ('bout 1/2 mile from the gas station). It's funny, when people are laughing and pointing, it causes you to wonder. biggrin.gif

you are used to people ponting and laughing wink.gif
TINCAN914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Nov 5 2005, 08:48 AM)
QUOTE (SLITS @ Nov 5 2005, 08:05 AM)
Uhhhhhh....don't feel to bad....I drug one thru a Jack In Crack before I discovered it was hanging off the side of my Jeep ('bout 1/2 mile from the gas station).  It's funny, when people are laughing and pointing, it causes you to wonder. biggrin.gif

you are used to people ponting and laughing wink.gif

OOOOOhhhhhhhh... MEDIC!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.