Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3.3 turbo update pics...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mugs914
Well, it has front suspension now! monkeydance.gif

The spindles were re-bored to get a little more camber, dropped one inch on the tubes and gusseted. The A-arms are seam welded and reinforced in the sway bar link area.

The curreent set-up is Koni yellows, Weltmeister bushings, and 23mm torsion bars, though it will probably get coilovers before it hits the track. Eventually the stock A-arms will be replaced by 935 type ball jointed arms.

Here's a pic of the strut tube before paint.
Mugs914
'Nuther...
Mugs914
One more...
Mugs914
Here's the whole thing in place. Got to make some new adapter blocks before I can install the calipers (Four piston monoblocks)...
Mugs914
Here's another that shows the dropped spindle a bit better. I'm running 16" wheels so I have room for the ball joint to fit inside the rim. The 27mm spacer is there so that the 15" pit wheels will fit!
J P Stein
Are you going to joggle the steering arm or use the ERP tie rod extensions?

(edit) Oops, that last pic answers the question.
Mugs914
"Where's the beef...?!!!"

Looks funny hanging way down there, but it sure is nice to see it on the car...

Finally!
Mugs914
Yeah dummy, where IS the beef...

Helps if you actually attach the image... dry.gif dry.gif
Mugs914
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Nov 4 2005, 10:49 PM)
Are you going to joggle the steering arm or use the ERP tie rod extensions?

(edit) Oops, that last pic answers the question.

Actually, the steering rack has been raised quite a bit. Once I get it on the ground and determine final ride height I'll see if its enough.

If I need more I'll use the extensions...
Andyrew
I have tire envy....

I wish i knew where you guys got your slicks!!!!

I'd be running em on the street biggrin.gif

Looking nice.
QUOTE (Mugs914 @ Nov 4 2005, 10:32 PM)
Well, it has front suspension now! monkeydance.gif

The spindles were re-bored to get a little more camber, dropped one inch on the tubes and gusseted. The A-arms are seam welded and reinforced in the sway bar link area.

The curreent set-up is Koni yellows, Weltmeister bushings, and 23mm torsion bars, though it will probably get coilovers before it hits the track. Eventually the stock A-arms will be replaced by 935 type ball jointed arms.

Here's a pic of the strut tube before paint.

Looks great!

But one question, how do you "re-bored" the spindles
to get more negative?

cool.gif
rick 918-S
Rear flare on the front... Wild
airsix
QUOTE (0396 @ Nov 5 2005, 05:04 AM)
to get more negative?

I'm guessing the spindle was taken off the strut tube and the angle of the hole the strut-tube slides through was changed.

-Ben M.
Mugs914
QUOTE (airsix @ Nov 5 2005, 08:58 AM)
QUOTE (0396 @ Nov 5 2005, 05:04 AM)
to get more negative?

I'm guessing the spindle was taken off the strut tube and the angle of the hole the strut-tube slides through was changed.

-Ben M.

Yup, thats it. smile.gif

My buddy Rod Lindsey made a fixture to hold the spindle on the mill so that we can dial in just about any angle we want and re-bore the hole. The hole is also "stepped" so that the spindle could slide further up the tube.
Mugs914
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Nov 5 2005, 07:13 AM)
Rear flare on the front... Wild

Yeah, some trimming requied... dry.gif

AIR makes rear GT flares that are quite a bit wider than standard, and sell standard GT rears for the front. They actually fit the fender contour pretty well.

Of course after all that it's going to change...

I've got access to the molds for the one-peice nose and fenders like the one in the pic, so the steel and flares are going away. sawzall-smiley.gif

Anybody want 'em?? biggrin.gif
Mugs914
Man, I seem to be suffering from brain damage when it comes getting pics attached... screwy.gif

This is the new nose...
TimT
I wish i knew where you guys got your slicks!!!!

Call John Burgett for take offs

Bob Woodman for new

J P Stein
I get em' from America's Tire ....over yonder.
At 480 for 2 (mounted & balanced, tho) your smiles per miles
ain't very gud.

Tim: You suppose Burgett has any Hoosier 43361s in R25?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.