Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 rear brake trivia
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
davep
Here is a set of replacement pads for a 914/6 with the full kit of small parts. Genuine Porsche parts box and ATE Textar pads (TP22). Note the rounded square large pin hole.
davep
Regular 914/4 rear pad front face. Note the groove depth tapers. Note the square large hole.
davep
The back of the same pad. Note the recess that probably accomplishes much the same as the recess in the front caliper pistons. Not all regular 914/4 pads came like this though. The fact that the pad has the large and small pin holes show it was intended for the 914/4.
davep
Please do not wear out your pads like this. The piston had to be replaced, therefore the caliper had to be scrapped due to lack of replacement pistons.
davep
The outer adjuster mechanism from a 914/4 piston.
Eric_Shea
That piston can be saved laugh.gif
davep
Right, where do I send the trash pistons? I only need a half dozen so far. How many have you found so far?
Eric_Shea
How many have you found so far?

Probably about 1/2 dozen. None as bad as that though. It takes talent to do something like that. biggrin.gif

PM me... I created a air tool bit for the pedal shaft removal you were asking about.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.