Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starter question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
5dogs
I have a bad starter. Went to the local auto parts store and had it tested. He then said he had one in stock. I pulled it out of the box for comparison, and it did not look the same. He checked all his numbers and checked different years. All the same. The difference was in the gears/teeth. Mine has a white plug on the end of the gear while the new one has a shaft about 1 1/2 inches long. I don't know if I am describing it right. Hopefully, one of you guys will know what I am talking about. I did not buy the starter buy the way. Any help would be appreciated. thanks.
Dave_Darling
It's an error in the parts book. I believe that the one he showed you was for an automatic Bus. The correct part number is SR-17X.

--DD
Always Looking
I had the same problem from Kragen in my area. I have a 72 and finally asked to look at the started for the 73. The showed me a totally different starter. On the correct one, the whole shaft slides out of the starter, not just the pinion gear on a shaft. Post or pm if you have more questions. Sorry for the bad description. smash.gif
scruz914
Avoid future hot start problems. Get one of these.

914 starter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.