Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Big drive today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
I need a big drive today. cool.gif

I'll go up and around Lake Berryessa and into Pope Valley.
I'll drop in near Calistoga head up the other side of the hills above Yountville, bringing me back down through the forrest and onto the Vineyard Lap™.

First I need to put the street tires back on and get a tank of fuel.

I think some video and pics are in order. Thanks Aaron mueba.gif

KT
Mueller
have fun !!!

much more exciting than my day of doing the brakes on the Hyundia and installing recessed lights and a ceiling fan in the babies room smash.gif
Trekkor
Here's part of my route
Elliot_Cannon
I used to skydive at Pope Valley airport back in the day. I love that whole area. Calistoga is great and we considered moving there a long time ago. Maybe we should have. Lake Barryessa, Yountville, Napa, fantastic area. If I lived up there now, I would be right behind you. At least for a while. laugh.gif
Cheers, Elliot
monkeywrench
Used to do that route on my bike. It was also great drive in a fiat spider and a girl back in the late 80's. Bet it is still a great drive today. ahhhh....Good times
9146R
Trekkor,

Next time you plan a weekend drive - let me know and I'll trailer up and meet up with you...lead n follow.... Since we dont have autox now it would be nice to explore more of the great drives up your way.

Just got back from a brief 20 minute run thru the back roads here...feel much better and the car was smiling from heel to toe !

Thanks Aaron for inspiring us to get out and hit the twisties.

Greg
Trekkor
Hill climb smile.gif
Trekkor
Wild turkey ohmy.gif
Trekkor
Approaching the last turn before home... biggrin.gif

I've driven this route many times.

Allow about 90 minutes. Huge elevation changes and VERY twisty with 15 mph ( hmmph ) switchbacks.

Also some long straights and the scenery is fantastic.

Good way to spend an afternoon. Not too much traffic either.

Yes, Greg I think a fun run is in order.

KT

With the MSX geared trans...Wow!
sixnotfour
Nice Drive, no wipers Blue sky, So jealous , Its pouring down rain in Washington,has been for the last week. cool.gif
porschecb
Took mine out today too! Not like the roads you were on. But I took it out and it was GREAT!! (what are jack stands??????) biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
J P Stein
I drove up to the store to get gas & smokes.
Other than that, I've been hunkered down under this storm we're havin'......you know, wind, rain, cold.. all that shit.
Summer's over.
Trekkor
I came upon this Honda...

I don't think he understood the 914 power. cool_shades.gif
Trekkor
Then there was this Boxster... laugh.gif
sixnotfour
Looks more like a Blobster,
Did you have the top off too , Damn burnout.gif .
Aaron Cox
hahhaha... inspired? bullshit. you just wanna wind out that six!

rock on my 6cyl 914 bro!

BTW - just got my flipped ZD S trans done today. cant wait smile.gif

rock!
Trekkor
Wind it out? No doubt. I was between 5 and 7k the whole trip.

Oh yes...
Trekkor
Good thing I picked yesterday.

It's not actually raining right now, but the dew is so heavy, it might as well be.
The ground is very wet.

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.