Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carrera GT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johnmhudson111
So what are the odds that I would run up on a Carrera GT at the Wal-Mart in Olive Branch, MS. Needless to say I couldn't keep up with it in the Yukon but boy it looked cool and sounded even better. That engine sound was sweeeeettttt. No I just need to hit the lottery to afford one...
McMark
I saw a Carrera GT at Petco in Napa, but didn't get to hear it driving.

Yesterday, I got to tail a 959 in downtown Napa for a little while. I have to say I love that 959 body style. wub.gif
grasshopper
i got to sit in one biggrin.gif
gregrobbins
At the PCA Flight car show in Phoenix last weekend, there were two Carrera GTs, one took best of show, and a sweet 959 a guy drove up from Tucson. There was also a Kramer 911 that was recently restored.

The guy owning the winning Carrera GT (it was black), also had a tricked out 911 and 914-6. Both black and he showed the three as a set.

The 914 had the top sanded smooth and painted black to match the car. Also had interesting door panels he called 916 panels and said he got them from someone in California for $85. Anyone know who?
gregrobbins
The 914-6
gregrobbins
The 959
gregrobbins
The door panel. Where can I get one?
grasshopper
wow drooley.gif i love that door panel
shadygrady
This Spring there was one at Carolina Motorsports Park at the PCA DE. He didn't run with us, but ran it during lunch by himself. There was even an article about in Panorama. It was definitely great to see and hear it.
DonTraver
I got hot laps in one at the Porsche Plant in Liepzig Germany last Sept. The factory driver had that thing doing 4 wheel drifts in every cornor, talk about a rush. Wow.

Now to hit the lottery, yeah right.

Best Regards, Don
Eric_Shea
The guy owning the winning Carrera GT (it was black), also had a tricked out 911 and 914-6. Both black and he showed the three as a set.

Julio Picchio? confused24.gif
airsix
You used to be able to get those door panels from Getty, but I don't think they make them any more.
-Ben M.
nomore9one4
QUOTE (gregrobbins @ Nov 5 2005, 03:51 PM)
The 914-6

Beautiful 914.. clap.gif
nomore9one4
QUOTE (gregrobbins @ Nov 5 2005, 03:57 PM)
The door panel. Where can I get one?

Does any one know what this door handle came out of? The panel itself can be reproduced. Thanks.
Scott Carlberg
He didn't do THAT door panel, but there is a member here who does custom panels.....

I sent Mike a Link to the thread about this door panel, here's his Reply:

> Hi Scott,
I went with power windows and a more usable armrest. With an aircraft door pull. I like the simple design of this one though. It is very easy to make.
I will be happy to help any 914er with their interior.
Pass the word on.
The Xmas season I offer our interior guys at cost... only to 914 owners.

Mike = fly@pacbell.net

HTH,
Eric_Shea
Does any one know what this door handle came out of?

Standard RS America handle.
campbellcj
The GT sounds SWEET.

Not quite in the same class, but I saw/heard a new BMW M6 yesterday, and it is very mean as well. (But it has that fugly Chris Bangle rear end).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.