Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine stand adaptor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Verruckt
I need to get one of these engines up off of the floor... what are you all using? Are people grinding down the brackets on the engine stand? Or chopping off part of a shot sideshifter case? Or paying out the a$$ for one of those ebay special adaptors? What's the best/cheap route to go?
GeorgeRud
The best is to spend the money and get the proper engine stand collar with the arms attached, but it is $$$. I got one of the ~$125 adapter rings that allow me to use my Harbor Freight engine stand. Other than being too tight to install the flywheel, it held everything fine and is a quality piece. You kind of get what you pay for.

If you're only working on the 4 cylinder engines, the cheap 2 armed adapter can be used, but it really is pushed to carry the engine weight. I only use it on transmissions, and even a 915 seem to be pushing its limits.
McMark
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif A tad expensive though. wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif
Brando
Mark, is that in your kitchen? laugh.gif
Series9
I use a regular engine stand that's been ground for the raised ring on the block.
goose2
I bought the one on ebay from the place in Maine....nice tool but too expensive. If you're not splitting the case and can use all 4 bolts, I think the HF setup is fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.