Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: winter ride
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
OK,

I want to take another 914 and build a year round, salt surviving, well heated, quiet, year round ride that gets 30mpg...

Speed and motor are not an issue.

I want to strip the chassis, do all needed welding.
I am thinking about taking off the outer longs...sand blast the inside of the inner long and POR 15 that area.
Then por 15 the new outer long and re-attach.

Now, flip the car on a rottisierre, and POR 15 the bottom, and rhino liner the bottom, and all under the fenders as well...

Also thinking of making custom removable fender liners with rubber gaskets to prevent anything from going in there.

Newly design rocker covers that are closed on the ends,,,rubber gaskets also.

I would put new firewall pads both inside and outside.

Dynamat the floors and inside of the doors.
New pad and carpet..

What else...

I want a car that can be driven year round, snow tires etc will happen...but I want it to last at least ten years in this form...
I will keep my summer autox car as is so I will have that for fun...this ones pure function will be A-B.

So, I want all the "new" luxuries, like being able to hold a conversation in the car...heat (Im thinking a gas heater as well as the stock heat (it gets to 10-20 below here for a short bit, but its enough to justify additional heat.

Tires and wheels....dont know..Im thinking steel wheels..so I can put on smoothy hubcaps..

Any other ideas?

Rich
bd1308
exactly what I'm trying to do little by little.

last year the car stayed in the driveway most of the time....so not much salt touched it.

every couple days I would go to a car wash and hose the salt out from under the wheel wells and the rockers...and the hell hole area....

b
goose2
Thick sound padding in the targa roof, heated seats, heated rear window, big blower on the defrost circuit, nice sound system, electric windshield washers, intermittant wipers, H-4 headlamps, better mirrors...............I've been thinking of a winter car too................studded tires, ski rack, big late style rubber bumpers, super Oscars.....kinda like a winter rally car (I grew up in Michigan).
Hammy
Sounds like a good idea. That's what I want to do with my car too, somewhat. Want to make mine rain-worthy and rain-safe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.