Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: creativeitsolution.com ??????
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
I have been inventoring my computer to find all the crap the kids have put on here and I found this. It has tons of club stuff I know I didnt save or post. There is a copy of a moneyorder that is not from me or to me stored in this stuff as well as a TON of large photo files I dont know anything about. Every time I try to get rid of the thing it tells me Im not authorized mad.gif Its working like a big sponge and filling up my memory ohmy.gif
qa1142
Thats why each of my kids have their own PC - at < $300 keeps my machine clean. All on wireless web, with net nanny, but not networked. I have to clean thier machines every couple of months.

Don't want them near my machine headbang.gif did that at one time.

Good luck
cnavarro
I would recommend that you download both spybot and ad aware. Just type them into google and you should be able to easily download them. If you are running windows xp, you may want to run msconfig at the run prompt and check to see that they are no additional programs running at startup that you don't know about.
ClayPerrine
I can help. Just let me know when you wnat me to come look at it.

bd1308
actually,

try this link.

http://reactornet.net/~britt/MAS.exe

It's Microsoft's solution to adware, and I must say that being the M$ hater I am, I nearly ruined a pair of pants when I saw ti work for the first time. They really did it this time, and I love this program.

I did many tests with each spyware program (Ad-Aware and SpyBot) and Microsoft AntiSpyware...MAS won hands down. This is the "bee's knees" folks(whatever that means.)

b
Bartlett 914
Hi Britt.

That is a pretty cool program. I loaded it on one of my computers and it looks like it will work. I won't run it on my 98 computer. Where did you find this? I looked on Microsoft's site and didn't find it. Do you know if there is a 98 version?

Mark
DBCooper
Typical Microsoft marketing strategy, release free or cheap versions of programs until the completition is weakened or gone, then gouge when there's no competition left.
bd1308
rigth now, it's only available if you have a validated and activated copy of windows (two hurdles to go through)

I think (speculation) that they might have this available for people who spend the money. Kinda like a pat on the back for buying a copy of windows liek good ol' Bill said.

I miss Steve Wozniak.

b
Marlow
The only reason the Microsoft anti-spyware works so well is because they bought it from someone else, Giant Software, and slapped their own name on it.
Marlow
Also, if you're running Windows 2000 or XP and you can't delete some files try booting into Safe Mode (hit F8 when Windows is starting). Some spyware/malware lock their files preventing them from being deleted.

If you run anti-spyware software run more than just one program. They all catch different things and none of them are 100% effective.
bd1308
QUOTE (porsche914blue @ Nov 6 2005, 11:08 AM)
The only reason the Microsoft anti-spyware works so well is because they bought it from someone else, Giant Software, and slapped their own name on it.

regardless....this is very good stuff at a free price. It even sets up watch and will tell ask you what you want to do in various situations.

try it and see...click on the link.

b
Rand
QUOTE (Bartlett 914 @ Nov 6 2005, 08:15 AM)
Where did you find this? I looked on Microsoft's site and didn't find it.

It's still available at microsoft.com... "popular downloads" section. Or you can search their site for "antispyware"
bd1308
nope. only if you have passed the "Windows Validation check" on thier site can you download it. I did and then saved it, so I don't have to fool around with microsoft.

b
spare time toys
I down loaded it and it said I had 32 spywares and some other things in my setup. I had it clean them up but still cant get rid of the original problem. Isnt creativeitsolutions Scott Klines company? The reason Im asking is alot of the stuff on here is the chalon and get togethers and the money order is from him to some one in MO. or someplace. I dont remember down loading any of the stuff that comes up when I open that drop down. I aint pissed off or nothing I just want to get stuff that doesnt concern me out of my computers memory.
skline
There is nothing in that directory that is on your computer. That is my FTP site I use for hosting files. I dont even know what half of them are anymore. It is only a link that shows up on your computer. You cannot delete anything on there but you can dissconnect it. It seems to be stuck in your cache somehow. You must have downloaded something from there at one time or another.

I just turned the site off and will leave it down for awhile. Sorry if it caused you to worry but there is nothing there will will hurt your computer.

It's funny all the advice from everyone that was totally irrelevant to what you had. All it was was a link to an FTP site. It was not spyware or a virus.
spare time toys
Thanks for the info Scott. I poked around and figured out how to take it off. I also got rid of spys and trojan horses and other fun stuff whil I was at it wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.